• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Premier League

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Frothing at watching Bracken and Steyn open the bowling together. Just need Heal. Not heaps thrilled at having Kallis, Dravid and Jaffer, but meh. Go Banglore!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
How awesome/insane is all this though? Deadset strange. Sharma a millionaire and sloggers like White and Afridi making 500k+.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
OK, Glenn McGrath and Michael Hussey didn't get picked while Afridi makes 500k. The apocalypse is near.

Though I think a large amount of fault lies with CA and their 2 Aussies-per-team rule.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
How awesome/insane is all this though? Deadset strange. Sharma a millionaire and sloggers like White and Afridi making 500k+.
Demand and supply .
All those players who had more franchisees bidding for them have gone for more.It was a open auction.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
OK, Glenn McGrath and Michael Hussey didn't get picked while Afridi makes 500k. The apocalypse is near.

Though I think a large amount of fault lies with CA and their 2 Aussies-per-team rule.
McGrath no longer has a CSA contract, he is a free agent.

sideshowtim

Banned
While Ponting, one of the finest batsmen in history is worth more than two times less than an unproven stick thin 19 year old fast bowler.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member

Yeah looking at all Australians and many who are not contracted players not picked yet. Im sure it only 2 Australians per team, regardless of whether they have a contract or not.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
While Ponting, one of the finest batsmen in history is worth more than two times less than an unproven stick thin 19 year old fast bowler.
Well, you'd expect the Indians to make more money considering their appeal with the public. Plus, this isn't Test cricket, and Symonds (not exactly loved in India) made out with 1.35 million.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Who the Indian fans (you know, the ones who will be paying for the tickets) want to go watch, and represent their region. This isn't about you or Australian fans, I know that's hard for you to understand or accept. This is an Indian tournament, they are the ones bidding, and the public are the ones catered too.

And **** I love Laxman, turns down icon status so his team can have a higher salary cap. Absolute legend.

By the way, love what this tournament is doing to promote India the country as well. Many people down here wouldn't know the capital of India, and I already know some of them telling me how they want Hyderabad to win for the Gilly/Symo combo.

Last edited: