• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Cricket Dhaba

Best thread name

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Taking @cnerd123 s point of India playing both Asia Cup and WTC simultaneously, what would the sides look like. The WTC is an one off game and I dont think we will need more than a 18-20 member squad there. So, that may be

WTC -

Openers - Rohit, Gill, Mayank
Middle Order - Pujara, Virat, Rahane, Vihari, KL Rahul
Wicket keepers - Pant, Saha
Allrounders - Jadeja, Pandya
Spinners - Ashwin, Kuldeep
Seamers - Ishant, Bumrah, Shami, Siraj, Umesh

8 batsmen, 4 allrounders (including the keepers), 7 bowlers. This leaves us with below guys for a possible Asia Cup T20 squad.

Asia Cup T20Is -

Dhawan (c)
Shaw
DDP
Shreyas
Manish
SKY
Rana
Tewatia
Krunal
Axar
Sundar
Dube
3D Shankar
Chahal
Bhuvi
D Chahar
Nattu
Saini

would be my 18.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Taking @cnerd123 s point of India playing both Asia Cup and WTC simultaneously, what would the sides look like. The WTC is an one off game and I dont think we will need more than a 18-20 member squad there. So, that may be

WTC -

Openers - Rohit, Gill, Mayank
Middle Order - Pujara, Virat, Rahane, Vihari, KL Rahul
Wicket keepers - Pant, Saha
Allrounders - Jadeja, Pandya
Spinners - Ashwin, Kuldeep
Seamers - Ishant, Bumrah, Shami, Siraj, Umesh

8 batsmen, 4 allrounders (including the keepers), 7 bowlers. This leaves us with below guys for a possible Asia Cup T20 squad.

Asia Cup T20Is -

Dhawan (c)
Shaw
DDP
Shreyas
Manish
SKY
Rana
Tewatia
Krunal
Axar
Sundar
Dube
3D Shankar
Chahal
Bhuvi
D Chahar
Nattu
Saini

would be my 18.
I think Scott Steiner would be a better choice.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

So legit.. I was there for 4 of the 5 days. :wub:

And in 2004, I was right there in the pavilion stand and I could basically over hear Warne and some of the Aussies talking. Too bad that kind of access is now almost unimaginable in any stadium.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

And in 2004, I was right there in the pavilion stand and I could basically over hear Warne and some of the Aussies talking. Too bad that kind of access is now almost unimaginable in any stadium.
For the best. Otherwise they would be live streamed on some asshat's insta.

cnerd123

likes this
Krunal's batting is a myth. Averages 31 in FC and 37 in List A. For comparison, Axar Patel averages 33 in FC and 30 in List A.

Just because he's scored some runs lately in the VH trophy doesn't mean he has what it takes to bat anywhere in the Top 7 internationally.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Krunal's batting is a myth. Averages 31 in FC and 37 in List A. For comparison, Axar Patel averages 33 in FC and 30 in List A.

Just because he's scored some runs lately in the VH trophy doesn't mean he has what it takes to bat anywhere in the Top 7 internationally.
He has done well in crucial situations for MI too. But right now, there is a whole host of spin bowling all-rounders ahead of him (Jadeja, Sundar, Axar, Ashwin, Tewatia in that order). So quite difficult for him or anyone else to get a chance now. We need to bin non-batting spinners like Chahal, Kuldeep, Rahul Chahar etc. now. Rahul Chahar can bat a bit but unsure how good.

Noumenon

U19 Vice-Captain

First up, Krunal simply isn't in contention for tests so quoting his average in FC cricket where he has played a grand total of 8 matches is pointless.

How does a List A average of 37 support your case of Krunal's batting ability being a myth? He debuted late and his batting has only matured from 3 years ago. Instead of dismissing his performance in the recent VHT, I'd rather take it as an example of his growth. Also pointless to compare batting average with Axar when the latter simply doesn't play at the same position with Gujarat.

cnerd123

likes this
Well a) An Indian List A average 37 is not high and b) Players who bat 6 in Indian domestix are usually not good enough to bat top 7 for India. His batting failed the eye test last I saw him too. Unless he starts racking up Bevan-esque numbers at 6 consistently for multiple seasons I won't see him as a legit top 7 contender. For now he's Axar Patel with one good Vijaya Hazare season under his belt.

In other news:

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has permitted Bubble to Bubble transfers for the forthcoming IPL season. In an elaborate document listing out Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and bio-secure protocols, the BCCI has said players can directly enter a franchise Bubble from their national-team Bubbles.

----

The BCCI said it will appoint up to four security staff with each franchise team who will be the designated Bubble integrity managers. They will be part of the respective team Bubbles and travel with the teams for the entire duration of IPL 2021. "Their job will be to report any Bio-secure Environment protocol breaches by members of the franchise team to the BCCI Chief Medical Officer," the note said.
I love how 'Bubble Integrity Managers' is a thing that exists in cricket now