• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Batting after Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly?

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yuvraj may still end up a decent test bat but he's certainly not someone I'd expect to be India's best in the next 5-10 years. Pujara, Sharma, Raina, Tiwary and Kohli come to mind.
What have you seen about Virat Kohli that makes you mention him alongside those others?

Perm

CW > Indian media in terms of breadth and depth of cricketing knowledge.
Of that I have no doubt, but I'm picking the Indian media to be more 'accurate' with who is in the selectors minds. Other than CW, I've heard virtually nothing about Badrinath, a sure sign that he isn't close to selection.

adharcric

International Coach
Of that I have no doubt, but I'm picking the Indian media to be more 'accurate' with who is in the selectors minds. Other than CW, I've heard virtually nothing about Badrinath, a sure sign that he isn't close to selection.
Cricinfo mentioned him as a strong possibility for the national side back before the tour of South Africa. He's been a lynchpin of the India A side in recent seasons as well, so his name is definitely doing the rounds. Unfortunately, he just hasn't gotten the actual call-up yet.

Perm

Cricinfo mentioned him as a strong possibility for the national side back before the tour of South Africa. He's been a lynchpin of the India A side in recent seasons as well, so his name is definitely doing the rounds. Unfortunately, he just hasn't gotten the actual call-up yet.
Don't think I've ever heard Badrinath's name being mentioned apart from on CW TBH, which is why I was lead to beleive he is behind some of the others who regularly get mentioned in the media. Obviously he's a far superior batsmen to most of them, but guys like Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary etc, are mentioned much more as Test candidates.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Don't think I've ever heard Badrinath's name being mentioned apart from on CW TBH, which is why I was lead to beleive he is behind some of the others who regularly get mentioned in the media. Obviously he's a far superior batsmen to most of them, but guys like Rohit Sharma, Manoj Tiwary etc, are mentioned much more as Test candidates.
The problem for badri is that he obviously is a grappler and nudger kind of bat with good technique so he is not that suitable to ODI cricket atm.As for the test team there is no vacancy.
I do no think he is superior than the other names you mentioned, but he is more ready for test cricket than them at the moment.