• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Indian Antics to get "Their" Money Back

WIll this scheme work?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrong Maxwell

Cricket Spectator
India has refused to name their champions squad in the hopes of regaining "their" 200 million dollars that was "taken" from "them" and divied up amongst all the other full fledged nations. ICC just told em to name the squad or 'face consequences'. Thoughts?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Welcome to the forum. I am glad the ICC has stood up to the BCCI. Hopefully it gets resolved though.

Wrong Maxwell

Cricket Spectator
Thanks! Funny thing is that the current head of the ICC is an indian himself! But yeah, India have financially 'bullied' the other nations, especially smaller ones such as Afghanistan and the like. Time for some change.

indiaholic

International Captain
This is news. When did India bully Afghanistan? IIRC India is where the Afghan team is based out of.

Wrong Maxwell

Cricket Spectator
I more meant smaller nations rather than Afghanistan specifically, maybe more like Zimbabwe would be a more adequate example. Sorry for the confusion

cnerd123

likes this
Nah I'm with the BCCI on this. The other countries aren't even proportionally contributing to the Associates fund. Why should the BCCI bear the burden on behalf of the other corrupt and incompetent boards?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah I'm with the BCCI on this. The other countries aren't even proportionally contributing to the Associates fund. Why should the BCCI bear the burden on behalf of the other corrupt and incompetent boards?
The BCCI isn't bearing any burden. The extra revenue they were getting under the big 3 policy was absurd and based on warped logic. To say that it's "unfair" to take away that money is silly. It shouldn't have been the BCCI's to begin with.

Last edited:

Wrong Maxwell

Cricket Spectator
Development of cricket as whole is not good enough? I understand that india produces a large portion of the funds, However, it doesnt seem rational for all the associate countries combined money to be 13 million less than the BCCI even after the cuts.

Wrong Maxwell

Cricket Spectator
Even as an Aussie, im fine with the larger nations ie; Aus, India, Eng, RSA to lose money as long as it goes to further development of associate nations or even affiliate (Even smaller countries ie; Finland, France, Estonia). Aslong as it doesnt go into the bigwigs pockets. Ive played affiliate cricket in europe and the country I lived in recieved cca 2000 euros a year for the whole country. Further more, there are no tournaments for affiliate countries to advance up the ranks following an ICC agreement in 2012. Perhaps a new thread for affiliate nations if ther isnt one already?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The BCCI isn't bearing any burden. The extra revenue they were getting under the big 3 policy was absurd and based on warped logic. To say that it's "unfair" to take away that money is silly. It shouldn't have been the BCCI's to begin with.

The current model is not? So when was this great time in life when ICC actually had a "fair" model of revenue distribution?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Long game is how much does India (same for England and NZ) care about international cricket. It's in their long term interest that countries that don't have the same financial power as them are competitive and the sport thrives, to ensure that the quality of cricket remains high and a variety of competitors exist in twenty five years time. If the most important thing to these nations is the next quickest dollar, then you're milking the golden goose dry.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Long game is how much does India (same for England and NZ) care about international cricket. It's in their long term interest that countries that don't have the same financial power as them are competitive and the sport thrives, to ensure that the quality of cricket remains high and a variety of competitors exist in twenty five years time. If the most important thing to these nations is the next quickest dollar, then you're milking the golden goose dry.
You would think that but that did not stop cricket from growing when it was basically Australia and England running the show and taking most of the money. I see the need to keep the game strong globally and I think all full members MUST give up a share of their revenue for the greater good, sorta like taxes, but then again, that point has nothing to do with the this new model, which is basically BCCI getting its share cut to fund the ICC ($100M????) and the associates while the rest retain their shares.

As I said in the other thread, the fairest method would be to determine the percentage shares for the full member boards first, then earmark an amount for associates + ICC (ICC surely has no need for that much money), divide the rest up based on the percentages already arrived at. Fat chance of that happening though.

cnerd123

likes this
ICC pays the umpires, don't they? Plus they got the ICC Academy and various cricket development programmes around the world, and I wouldn't be surprised if ICC funds were used to cover some % of logistics costs for ICC events

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ICC pays the umpires, don't they? Plus they got the ICC Academy and various cricket development programmes around the world, and I wouldn't be surprised if ICC funds were used to cover some % of logistics costs for ICC events
The ICC also gives money to the board that's hosting a tournament. It gives loans to members as well. Things like the WCL are all exclusively ICC funded.

India was complaining that they didn't get enough for the recent WT20 in comparison to what England got iirc.