• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

"India should learn from England"

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The trend was to write articles with India should learn from Australia tags. Now they are doing it with England as well. Pathetic.

Better to concentrate on improving yourself than feeling despaired that a specific team is better and saying generally we should learn from them.

Imbibe aspects which can benefit the team from other cricket teams, mental stregth of other teams of other sports but making general statements w.r.t. a specific team never runs good on me.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You know, that's a very cool logo. The use of the stumps as an 'm' is quite innovative (from what I know).

Regarding the article LOL @ the Yuvraj and Pietersen photos. The rest is a bit of garbage really. Jones has been gutsy, but if ever I wanted Dhoni to 'learn' from someone, it'd be a better keeper. Bit hard for Nehra to learn from Jones when one has so much more talent than the other.

I thought the article was going to be about England's ruthless attitude and awesome planning heading into the series. Instead it was just player to player comparisons. :sleep:

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Harbhajan Singh the right handed off spinner should learn from Giles!

And Pathan will be the Indian Freddie!

greg

International Debutant
Pratyush said:
Harbhajan Singh the right handed off spinner should learn from Giles!

And Pathan will be the Indian Freddie!
The keeper comparison was good :D

Isolator

State 12th Man
He along with the England management were responsible for taking the tough decision of taking Pietersen on board and leaving out the experienced Graham Thrope
Well, "Thrope" himself has said that he was replaced by Bell, not Pietersen... and I don't think kicking him out for Bell was a good idea at all.

EDIT:

Actually, I don't know what the hell this article is about. All it's saying, basically, is that India should play well. That's not genius-level stuff.

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Pratyush said:
The trend was to write articles with India should learn from Australia tags. Now they are doing it with England as well. Pathetic.

Better to concentrate on improving yourself than feeling despaired that a specific team is better and saying generally we should learn from them.

Imbibe aspects which can benefit the team from other cricket teams, mental stregth of other teams of other sports but making general statements w.r.t. a specific team never runs good on me.
What is wrong in modelling your team based on a successful unit? Sure, the Indians should play well but they can only be limited by the plan they play to. The idea is not to copy the players, man for man, but to copy the model, plan for plan.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
You know, that's a very cool logo. The use of the stumps as an 'm' is quite innovative (from what I know).

Regarding the article LOL @ the Yuvraj and Pietersen photos. The rest is a bit of garbage really. Jones has been gutsy, but if ever I wanted Dhoni to 'learn' from someone, it'd be a better keeper. Bit hard for Nehra to learn from Jones when one has so much more talent than the other.

I thought the article was going to be about England's ruthless attitude and awesome planning heading into the series. Instead it was just player to player comparisons. :sleep:
I do agree, the keeper comparison is needless. The English have been doing well not because of their keeper's contributions, but despite his inadequacies. Interestingly, they mentioned Dhoni as a Test contender. Maybe Indiatimes didn't think too high of Karthik?

As for Nehra and Jones, both are equally talented, but the initiative and leadership on one side is a lot greater than on the other.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
That model being?

The article said nothing about any model.
That article may not have said anything, but the model of the England team is definitely worth copying.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Arjun said:
That article may not have said anything, but the model of the England team is definitely worth copying.
Certainly the English werent saying stuff like this when India beat Australia in India and then went on to draw the series down under. Which is why they have been able to forge their own pathway to success.

It is okay to copy/try and emulate certain aspects but blindly copying a whole system, and proclaiming an article is nice just because it lends that idea (without specifying properly) is not some thing which is to be advocated in any way.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Arjun said:
Interestingly, they mentioned Dhoni as a Test contender. Maybe Indiatimes didn't think too high of Karthik?
Do you really think they put that much of a thought into it all? :laugh:

adharcric

International Coach
This article is mostly a big load of crap. The Pietersen-Yuvraj and Hoggard-Balaji comparisons were alright, but after that it got weird. Sehwag should learn from Trescothick and Dhoni from Jones and Bhajji from Giles? Something is seriously wrong with the author here.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Silly space filler full of stupidities. Here are examples.

G Jones/Dhoni
His keeping has been called to question more than once during the series but he has pulled himself back and concentrated hard. He has improved gradually and not let criticism get the better of him.
Improved ? Jones? Keeping ?

Pietersen/Yuvraj
Yuvraj should learn from Pietersen on how to convert his ODI form into Test greatness.
And how ??

Irfan/Flintoff
the Borada(sic) player has all the shots in his arsenal, watching a few clips of Flintoff's Edgbaston exploits should be enough to get him going.
..Really ! That simple ?/

Zaheer/Harmison

if he wants to prolong his career he could take a few lessons from Harmy on how to ..........bowl fast.
Aha ! The magic potion !!

Harbhajan/Giles

Harbhajan should perhaps learn from the doughty off-spinner.
What spinner did you say ?

Beleg

International Regular
Harbhajan should perhaps learn from the doughty off-spinner.
This is priceless.

The whole article is about getting in enough adjectives to fill the requisite word limit.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
SJS said:
Pietersen/Yuvraj
Yuvraj should learn from Pietersen on how to convert his ODI form into Test greatness.
Because Pietersen's really shown Test greatness hasn't he?!