• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Or Pakistan

wich team would u want to win if u not indian or pakistani

• pakistan

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • india

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • any

Votes: 6 10.0%

• Total voters

C_C

International Captain
TEC, you are a moron of the highest order- offence intended.
I have every single game of Pathan's except BD series from DVDs, webcasts and shareware.....i can bet you 100 bucks that his top speed during the OZ series was 89.9mph with ave. speed during the first test in the high 80s. Mid-high 80s ave. against Pakistan. Check with Eddie whatzizname if you dont believe me- the guy who catalouges bowling speeds.
or pay ICF a visit and people will quote you the average speed of his spells....
Pathan over OZ in OZ till end of BD was consistently 84-85mph bowler with series where he was pretty fast.
So next time you wanna argue, get your facts straight.
Oh and another thing- get your facts straight about ENG bowlers. atleast 1/3rd of the time the 3rd bowling option was one of those i named and spinners played for approximately 60% of ENG matches through the 90s.....that makes 40% from the list i've named.
Like i said, get your facts straight.

As regarding to your long piece of garbage, all i can say is attend an english course and learn some english. You seem to miss the fundamental definition of Potential and you seek to justify potential with accomplishment which is a dichotomy in itself.

As per white goes, he swung it decently but he had less lateral movement than Pathan...as per reverse swing goes- read my lips: not a single english bowler apart from Darren Gough knows the ABCs on how to reverse a ball. Late swing and reverse swing are two totally different things but i wouldnt expect an idiot like you to know.
White getting reverse swing is just about as laughable as someone saying McGrath bowls offspin.

I have zero time to repeat myself endlessly to retards. Get back to me when you get educated and know the meaning of the word 'potential'. Over and out.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
C_C said:
TEC, you are a moron of the highest order- offence intended.
I have zero time to repeat myself endlessly to retards. Get back to me when you get educated and know the meaning of the word 'potential'. Over and out.
really insults are only the sign of a lost argument, you know it. go ahead with the insults as long as you want, i wont bite. and obviously i have no idea what potential to greatness is, so much so that someone has already posted that they agree with what i said.

C_C said:
I have every single game of Pathan's except BD series from DVDs, webcasts and shareware.....i can bet you 100 bucks that his top speed during the OZ series was 89.9mph with ave. speed during the first test in the high 80s. Mid-high 80s ave. against Pakistan. Check with Eddie whatzizname if you dont believe me- the guy who catalouges bowling speeds.
or pay ICF a visit and people will quote you the average speed of his spells....
Pathan over OZ in OZ till end of BD was consistently 84-85mph bowler with series where he was pretty fast.
So next time you wanna argue, get your facts straight.
i have, and i can assure you that he didnt bowl in the mid 80s. perhaps you should actually watch those dvds instead of claiming about things you know nothing about. even pathan has talked about how he needs to improve his pace, because even he knew that he wasnt quick enough.

C_C said:
Oh and another thing- get your facts straight about ENG bowlers. atleast 1/3rd of the time the 3rd bowling option was one of those i named and spinners played for approximately 60% of ENG matches through the 90s.....that makes 40% from the list i've named.
Like i said, get your facts straight..
OMG SERIOUSLY CAN YOU READ? AT ALL? anything?
where have i said that spinners didnt play for england? i said that more often than not they were the 4th bowlers, largely because the bowling needed a bit of variety, not because they had better averages than the pace bowlers in domestic cricket.

As regarding to your long piece of garbage, all i can say is attend an english course and learn some english. You seem to miss the fundamental definition of Potential and you seek to justify potential with accomplishment which is a dichotomy in itself. and spinners made about 85% of your list, not 40%

C_C said:
As per white goes, he swung it decently but he had less lateral movement than Pathan...as per reverse swing goes- read my lips: not a single english bowler apart from Darren Gough knows the ABCs on how to reverse a ball. Late swing and reverse swing are two totally different things but i wouldnt expect an idiot like you to know.
White getting reverse swing is just about as laughable as someone saying McGrath bowls offspin..

"White's ability to reverse swing the white ball late in an innings is a very useful weapon."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/england/england_2001_profiles/1786665.stm
"Craig played well in India in the winter, making his first Test hundred, and although he had a few injuries that affected his bowling, he is now back to fitness and bowling well again.
We feel his ability to reverse swing the ball could be useful if the Lord's wicket is as flat as it was against Sri Lanka whilst Dominic will give us another option if the wicket is more seamer-friendly." ~ david graveney
" Extra bounce accounted for Chris Nevin, White’s reverse swing for McCullum and Fleming."~http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,4-220127,00.html
". His bowling relies on a muscular shoulder action and plenty of reverse swing at a decidedly nippy pace which he struggled to maintain as injuries took their toll" ~ cricinfo profile
"While White keeps a nagging length and is a classy exponent of reverse swing with the old ball, Flintoff is extremely aggressive and likes to pin batsmen on the backfoot." ~ http://www.tribuneindia.com/2003/20030226/sports.htm

so all those sources are obviously wrong about craig white arent they? yes clearly laughable, the idea that craig white could bowl reverse swing 8-)

C_C

International Captain
really insults are only the sign of a lost argument, you know it. go ahead with the insults as long as you want, i wont bite. and obviously i have no idea what potential to greatness is, so much so that someone has already posted that they agree with what i said.
In this case, it is trying to teach a donkey how to do calculus.

i have, and i can assure you that he didnt bowl in the mid 80s. perhaps you should actually watch those dvds instead of claiming about things you know nothing about. even pathan has talked about how he needs to improve his pace, because even he knew that he wasnt quick enough.
how can you assure me that ? He said he needs to improve his pace and if he got upto Akram's pace of 88-90mph stuff he would be deadly...but his normal speed is 84-86mph and like i said, if you got the cajones, take the bet.
Pathan's fastest delivery is 89.9 mph delivery and his opening spell against AUS in 1st test had atleast 15 balls that crossed 87mph barrier.
Your assurances mean nothing because like i said, i know very well what speed Pathan bowled at during which series.
Afterall, there are religious psychophants going around assuring us of armageddon, arnt there ?
Sheesh.

As regarding to your long piece of garbage, all i can say is attend an english course and learn some english. You seem to miss the fundamental definition of Potential and you seek to justify potential with accomplishment which is a dichotomy in itself. and spinners made about 85% of your list, not 40%
Oh the irony.
The moron cant even quote properly....heh.

OMG SERIOUSLY CAN YOU READ? AT ALL? anything?
where have i said that spinners didnt play for england? i said that more often than not they were the 4th bowlers, largely because the bowling needed a bit of variety, not because they had better averages than the pace bowlers in domestic cricket.
3rd and 4th bowler spot combined(since ENG played one spinner at best 99% of the times they actually played spinners), Pathan would make the grade atleast 80% of the time. Cork,Caddick,Gough and Fraser didnt play together as much as you think.

"White's ability to reverse swing the white ball late in an innings is a very useful weapon."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cri...les/1786665.stm
I always find it amusing when English commentators talk about reverse swing...they are singularly the most clueless about it. And like i said, you depend on articles, i will depend on what i SEE. White didnt have a clue in hell how to reverse the ball...he occasionally got late swing...which is an entirely different gamut than reverse swing.

We feel his ability to reverse swing the ball could be useful if the Lord's wicket is as flat as it was against Sri Lanka whilst Dominic will give us another option if the wicket is more seamer-friendly." ~ david graveney
8-) 8-) 8-)

The only englishman i EVER saw reverse the ball was Gough and that too sporadically without much control. Rest dont have a clue about it. Afterall, Imran Khan, one of the forefathers of reverse swing said so pretty much.

Find me an aricle from a non-englishman of some repute that talks about wihte reversing....go on.

And like i said, even when he wasnt injured, he was AT BEST, ordinary. But then again, overhyping players in England-in any sport- isnt a new thing is it ? Flintoff the new botham,Owen the new Ronaldo/Pele, Henman almost equal of Sampras on grass....the list goes on......

C_C

International Captain
TEC i am waiting.
100 dollars wager.
ifran's opening over against AUS in IND had 15 or so deliveries over 86mph and top speed was 89.9mph.

Are you willing to back up all that shyte-talk ?

tooextracool

International Coach
C_C said:
In this case, it is trying to teach a donkey how to do calculus.
because clearly everyone else is wrong and you are right. you with your limited knowledge of cricket.

C_C said:
how can you assure me that ? He said he needs to improve his pace and if he got upto Akram's pace of 88-90mph stuff he would be deadly...but his normal speed is 84-86mph and like i said, if you got the cajones, take the bet.
Pathan's fastest delivery is 89.9 mph delivery and his opening spell against AUS in 1st test had atleast 15 balls that crossed 87mph barrier.
Your assurances mean nothing because like i said, i know very well what speed Pathan bowled at during which series.
Afterall, there are religious psychophants going around assuring us of armageddon, arnt there ?
Sheesh.
wow he bowled one ball at 90 mph, give him a medal. his overall pace is what matters, which was in the low 80s and still is.

C_C said:
Oh the irony.
The moron cant even quote properly....heh.
well done in ignoring the point though, which makes you look even more foolish each time you ignore arguments that so clearly prove you wrong.

C_C said:
3rd and 4th bowler spot combined(since ENG played one spinner at best 99% of the times they actually played spinners), Pathan would make the grade atleast 80% of the time..
OMG THIS IS INSANE!!!!
WHAT PART OF PACE BOWLERS CANT REPLACE SPINNERS BECAUSE SPIN BOWLERS PROVIDE VARIETY DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

C_C said:
Cork,Caddick,Gough and Fraser didnt play together as much as you think.
and even those who did play somewhat consistently in the english side such as tudor, mullally, white, headley, and even anderson all average less than him. let me hear of these place bowlers who played more than 10 games and averaged more than pathan.

C_C said:
I always find it amusing when English commentators talk about reverse swing...they are singularly the most clueless about it.
as opposed to you, who knows absoulely nothing about cricket. obviously chief of england selectors david graveney has no clue about whether a bowler can reverse swing it or not. as of course do geoff boycott and ravi shastri who have countless times mentioned in commentary that he can reverse swing the ball, shastri in particular.

C_C said:
And like i said, you depend on articles, i will depend on what i SEE. White didnt have a clue in hell how to reverse the ball...he occasionally got late swing...which is an entirely different gamut than reverse swing.
8-) 8-) 8-) .
clearly you have no clue what you are talking about. you are blind, forget about you seeing anything. if 2 million people said that craig white reverse swung the ball you'd still claim that they were biased and knew nothing about reverse swing. you havent watched craig white at all, clearly only someone who has no idea abt what hes talking about would say that he primarily bowled outswing, when he was a renowned inswinger who bowled from wide off the crease.

C_C said:
Find me an aricle from a non-englishman of some repute that talks about wihte reversing....go on.
so apparently all english people dont know anything about reverse swing dont they?stop being a little prat,you have been proved wrong, ive shown you countless articles, even the cricinfo profile(which i doubt was written by an englishman) to prove that you are a fool. instead of continuing to make a mockery of yourself, you'd do a better job just accepting losing the argument and leave with some grace. if you really are so curious why not start a poll asking people on this forum whether craig white got the ball to reverse or not?

C_C said:
And like i said, even when he wasnt injured, he was AT BEST, ordinary. But then again, overhyping players in England-in any sport- isnt a new thing is it ? Flintoff the new botham,Owen the new Ronaldo/Pele, Henman almost equal of Sampras on grass....the list goes on......
amazing isnt this? this post seems to indicate a hatred towards englishmen in general, as opposed to you having a knowledgeable argument about cricket on the forum. even more amazing is that you claim that englishman overhype players when people like you have been calling pathan the next akram and comparing him to all the other all time greats, even though hes NEVER EVER done anything in his entire career.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Pathan can become a great. But, like someone else pointed out here, he has to become good first. I agree with CC that Pathan has shown the potential to be an all time great, but we will have to wait and see.

Code:
po·ten·tial    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (p-tnshl)
adj. 
Capable of being but not yet in existence; latent: a potential problem. 
Having possibility, capability, or power. 
Grammar. Of, relating to, or being a verbal construction with auxiliaries such as may or can; for example, it may snow. 

n. 
The inherent ability or capacity for growth, development, or coming into being. 
Something possessing the capacity for growth or development. 
Grammar. A potential verb form. 
Physics. The work required to move a unit of positive charge, a magnetic pole, or an amount of mass from a reference point to a designated point in a static electric, magnetic, or gravitational field; potential energy. 
See potential difference. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Middle English potencial, from Old French potenciel, from Late Latin potentilis, powerful, from Latin potentia, power, from potns, potent- present participle of posse, to be able. See potent.]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
po·tential·ly adv. 

[Download or Buy Now]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved. 

po·ten·tial (p-tnshl)
adj. 

Capable of being but not yet in existence; latent.
n. 
The inherent ability or capacity for growth, development, or coming into being. 
The work required to bring a unit electric charge, magnetic pole, or mass from an infinitely distant position to a designated point in a static electric, magnetic, or gravitational field, respectively. 
The potential energy of a unit charge at any point in an electric circuit measured with respect to a specified reference point in the circuit or to ground; voltage. 

Source: The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. 

Main Entry: 1po·ten·tial
Pronunciation: p&-'ten-ch&l
Function: adjective
: existing in possibility : capable of development into actuality —po·ten·tial·ly /-'tench-(&-)lE/ adverb 

Source: Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc. 

Main Entry: 2potential
Function: noun
1 : something that can develop or become actual 
2 a : any of various functions from which the intensity or the velocity at any point in a field may be readily calculated; specifically : ELECTRICAL POTENTIAL b : POTENTIAL DIFFERENCE 

Source: Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc. 

potential

adj 1: existing in possibility; "a potential problem"; "possible uses of nuclear power" [syn: possible] [ant: actual] 2: expected to become or be; in prospect; "potential clients"; "expected income" [syn: expected, likely] n 1: the inherent capacity for coming into being [syn: potentiality, potency] 2: the difference in electrical charge between two points in a circuit expressed in volts [syn: electric potential, potential difference, potential drop, voltage]

^^That was the definition of the word 'potential'. And the guys reading this, make your own decision on whether Irfan can be called as 'potential' great or not.

Last edited:

C_C

International Captain
Capable of being but not yet in existence
Thank you bharani...obviously this dont doesnt get it......he is seeking to justify potential by existance ( ie results to backup the claim) when the very definition doesnt allow it.

because clearly everyone else is wrong and you are right. you with your limited knowledge of cricket.
Like i said boy, you either put up or shut the FACT up. You think my knowledge is limited, then you debate me and show me wrong.
So far you've been proven (courtesy bharani) to not even know the MEANING of the word 'potential', let alone prove me wrong.

wow he bowled one ball at 90 mph, give him a medal. his overall pace is what matters, which was in the low 80s and still is.
What ? chicken now ?
you assured me that he doesnt bowl anything but low 80s. Like i said, put your money where your mouth is and bet me. Irfan's average speed during the PAK series in PAK was 84-85mph and against OZ in IND was 85-86mph.
either bet me or STFU.

well done in ignoring the point though, which makes you look even more foolish each time you ignore arguments that so clearly prove you wrong.
if someone here knew know to operate the quote function properly then maybe i would UNDERSTAND the point, instead of seeing a jumble of my message and yours.

OMG THIS IS INSANE!!!!
WHAT PART OF PACE BOWLERS CANT REPLACE SPINNERS BECAUSE SPIN BOWLERS PROVIDE VARIETY DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?
Learn some english. Pronto. Would do you a lotta good. Didnt say Pathan could replace a spinner.... i said that
1. The pacers from that group i mentioned earlier were bulk representatives for one of the bowling spots in the 90s and Pathan could've replaced them.
2. Eng didnt ALWAYS play a spinner and besides, playing a spinner with 37something average just for the sake of variety is remarkably ********.

as opposed to you, who knows absoulely nothing about cricket. obviously chief of england selectors david graveney has no clue about whether a bowler can reverse swing it or not. as of course do geoff boycott and ravi shastri who have countless times mentioned in commentary that he can reverse swing the ball, shastri in particular.
Actually i do ammend that. Boycott does know what he is talkin about... cant say that about the rest when it comes to reverse swing..i still remember PAK vs ENG early 90s when they had ludicrous idea of reverse swing.
Oh and FYI, I am as qualified as ANYBODY in cricket- if not more- to talk about reverse swing. I can explain it to you in extreme detail. Not that it is a big thing. Anybody who has done a course or two in intermediate and advanced fluid dynamics can explain reverse swing with far more accuracy and authenticity than Graveney or other hoboken commentators can dream of.
If you wish to take me up on this, open another thread and i will explain it to you in layman's terms.

clearly you have no clue what you are talking about. you are blind, forget about you seeing anything. if 2 million people said that craig white reverse swung the ball you'd still claim that they were biased and knew nothing about reverse swing. you havent watched craig white at all, clearly only someone who has no idea abt what hes talking about would say that he primarily bowled outswing, when he was a renowned inswinger who bowled from wide off the crease.
The highlighted part is blatant LYING. Show me where I've said that.
All i said is Pathan's inswinger to the rightie is far more potent than White's. Quiete a few batsmen around the globe seem to back up that opinion and most of them have faced Pathan.

so apparently all english people dont know anything about reverse swing dont they?stop being a little prat,you have been proved wrong, ive shown you countless articles, even the cricinfo profile(which i doubt was written by an englishman) to prove that you are a fool. instead of continuing to make a mockery of yourself, you'd do a better job just accepting losing the argument and leave with some grace. if you really are so curious why not start a poll asking people on this forum whether craig white got the ball to reverse or not?
FYI, bulk of crickinfo profiles are done by countrymen or englishmen. Check that up.
And no, most englishmen dont know jack about reverse swing. There is nothing racist or biassed against that- i have years or experience seeing many english commentators and journos have ludicrous idea to what is reverse swing and even as to recently,most cant tell the difference between late swing and reverse swing.
And comming from a halfbaked brain like you, who doesnt even know the meaning of the word 'potential', i expect nothing less.

amazing isnt this? this post seems to indicate a hatred towards englishmen in general, as opposed to you having a knowledgeable argument about cricket on the forum. even more amazing is that you claim that englishman overhype players when people like you have been calling pathan the next akram and comparing him to all the other all time greats, even though hes NEVER EVER done anything in his entire career.
Thou art too thin skinned. If i dig through BBC archives, i can show you NUMEROUS instances of even english journos admitting that the english media is too quick to overhype a newbie.
Harmison the new Ambrose.
Michael Owen the new Ronaldo.
On how Henman could match Sampras on Grass...
list is countless.
And i have NEVER said he is the new Akram....the most i've alluded to is that his bowling reminds me of Akram's which isnt an exgaggeration, given similarity in their movement(though Akram had more variety than just about anyone) and his yorker is almost a carbon copy of Akram's.Hell even Akram himself said that Irfan reminds him of his younger self...so how the feck are you to challenge that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
C_C said:
TEC i am waiting.
100 dollars wager.
ifran's opening over against AUS in IND had 15 or so deliveries over 86mph and top speed was 89.9mph.
Unless he bowled 9 or more no balls or wides then I'd take that bet.

C_C

International Captain
Unless he bowled 9 or more no balls or wides then I'd take that bet.
Bet accepted.

You will have your proof in a week to 10 days, since i require some external help on this.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Kabir Ali,James Kirtley, Martin Saggers, Richard Johnson, James Anderson, Simon Jones, Mathew Hoggard, Alex Tudor, Mark Ealham, Alan Mullaly,Chris Silverwood, Dominic Cork, Craig White.

Some of the english bowlers I have had the pleasure of watching in last 10-15 years and I can safely say that Pathan has easily outperformed most of them at least at this stage of his career, He has shown much better potential than every one in that list did.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
Simon Jones, Mathew Hoggard
I didn't have a look at the rest of the list in too much detail, but I wouldn't pick him above either of those 2 and question how he's outperformed them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Sanz said:
Kabir Ali,James Kirtley, Martin Saggers, Richard Johnson, James Anderson, Simon Jones, Mathew Hoggard, Alex Tudor, Mark Ealham, Alan Mullaly,Chris Silverwood, Dominic Cork, Craig White.

Some of the english bowlers I have had the pleasure of watching in last 10-15 years and I can safely say that Pathan has easily outperformed most of them at least at this stage of his career, He has shown much better potential than every one in that list did.
Kabir - hmm, I'd say they're about equal (and Kabir obviously hasn't been given the chance Pathan has)
Kirtley\Saggers - yes, fair enough.
Johnson - emphatically NO. He's played 1 proper Test-match, on a Galle dustbowl.
Anderson - emphatically YES, Pathan knows more about line and length than Anderson has ever known so far.
Jones, Hoggard - no, not on their recent performances.
Tudor - most certainly not on his early performances (after his 7th Test he had 24 wickets at 24.70).
Ealham\Mullally - yes, were never Test-class bowlers.
Silverwood - yes, read above and probably it'll stay that way.
Cork\White - no, no way in a million years.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
masterblaster said:
Good god, talk about an overanalytical quotefest!

*Backs away from thread slowly*
Amazing thing is, I can't believe many have noticed the large number of insults!!!! :happy:

tooextracool

International Coach
C_C said:
Thank you bharani...obviously this dont doesnt get it......he is seeking to justify potential by existance ( ie results to backup the claim) when the very definition doesnt allow it.
and by that definition, basically any bowler in world cricket today has the potential to be an all time great. how long is it going to take you to realsie, that you show potential you have to perform first, even if you dont have to perform to the level of greatness?

C_C said:
Like i said boy, you either put up or shut the FACT up. You think my knowledge is limited, then you debate me and show me wrong.
So far you've been proven (courtesy bharani) to not even know the MEANING of the word 'potential', let alone prove me wrong.
uhh huh, of course, you quite clearly cant read then can you?
the very thing ive been refuting is that pathan cant have potential to greatness, because he hasnt performed yet, hence he doesnt have 'this potential to greatness' rubbish. he doesnt fit in the definition.

C_C said:
What ? chicken now ?
you assured me that he doesnt bowl anything but low 80s. Like i said, put your money where your mouth is and bet me. Irfan's average speed during the PAK series in PAK was 84-85mph and against OZ in IND was 85-86mph.
either bet me or STFU.
where did i assure you that? only a fool would consider the odd ball thats in the high 80s to be someones overall pace, as ive said time and time one ball doesnt prove anything, its how you bowl throughout the game.

C_C said:
if someone here knew know to operate the quote function properly then maybe i would UNDERSTAND the point, instead of seeing a jumble of my message and yours..
are you going to respond to the question or not? stop bringing up inconsequential things to try and make yourself look better, why look at all the spinners who've played for england over the last few years, when pathan is a pace bowler and his performance should be compared to the english pacers of the past decade.

C_C said:
Learn some english. Pronto. Would do you a lotta good. Didnt say Pathan could replace a spinner.... i said that
1. The pacers from that group i mentioned earlier were bulk representatives for one of the bowling spots in the 90s and Pathan could've replaced them.
oh yes lets analyze the bowlers who were in tht group shall we?
flintoff- who was picked for his all round capabilities(or more importantly for his superior batting abilities) as opposed to his bowling.
craig white- who averages a whole 6 runs less than pathan and again was picked for his all round abilities, as opposed to just his bowling
pringle - who averages about 7 runs less than pathan.
chris lewis - who again averaged about 6 runs less than pathan and was picked for his all round capabilities.
devon malcolm who again averaged 6 runs below pathan.

really you are making yourself look more and more stupid every time you post. posting a list of bits and pieces players, all of whom has better bowling averages than pathan really doesnt prove anything. find me someone from england who played somewhat consistently for england in the 90s and had a worse average than pathan? commone now lets hear it?
2. Eng didnt ALWAYS play a spinner and besides, playing a spinner with 37something average just for the sake of variety is remarkably ********.

C_C said:
Actually i do ammend that. Boycott does know what he is talkin about... cant say that about the rest when it comes to reverse swing..i still remember PAK vs ENG early 90s when they had ludicrous idea of reverse swing.
wow a whole 15 years ago, seriously, that was the time when reverse swing was unheard of everywhere other than pakistan. to use that as a reason to explain why no one in england knows anything about reverse swing 10 years later is ludicrous.

C_C said:
Oh and FYI, I am as qualified as ANYBODY in cricket- if not more- to talk about reverse swing. I can explain it to you in extreme detail. Not that it is a big thing. Anybody who has done a course or two in intermediate and advanced fluid dynamics can explain reverse swing with far more accuracy and authenticity than Graveney or other hoboken commentators can dream of.
If you wish to take me up on this, open another thread and i will explain it to you in layman's terms.
then maybe you should be smart enough to realise when someone actually bowls reverse huh? but of course boycott, cozier and shastri are all wrong and biased and craig white could never reverse swing the ball

C_C said:
The highlighted part is blatant LYING. Show me where I've said that.
All i said is Pathan's inswinger to the rightie is far more potent than White's. Quiete a few batsmen around the globe seem to back up that opinion and most of them have faced Pathan.
so who are these batsman that have said that pathan's in swinger is more potent than white's? who are these batsmen that have said that he even has such a potent in swinger, when he hasnt been able to get too many wickets with them? then again its probably someone from bangladesh.

C_C said:
FYI, bulk of crickinfo profiles are done by countrymen or englishmen. Check that up.
And no, most englishmen dont know jack about reverse swing. There is nothing racist or biassed against that- i have years or experience seeing many english commentators and journos have ludicrous idea to what is reverse swing and even as to recently,most cant tell the difference between late swing and reverse swing.
rubbish, absolutely any commentator can tell whats reverse swing,even if he doesnt know how it works. its no surprise that you've ignore tony cozier's comment about white though, guess hes ignorant about it too. really you are the only one whos ever claimed that white couldnt reverse swing it, lets see you bring up any article or anybody whos ever said that white couldnt reverse swing the ball.

C_C said:
And comming from a halfbaked brain like you.
you really dont want to get to the insults i can assure you.

C_C said:
Thou art too thin skinned. If i dig through BBC archives, i can show you NUMEROUS instances of even english journos admitting that the english media is too quick to overhype a newbie..
as opposed to the indians who overhype basically every player who's ever played cricket. please, dont even start, every country overhypes their players, its all part of the media. whatever this has to do with me i'll never know, because any expert would know better than to overhype a player unless hes proven.

C_C said:
Harmison the new Ambrose.
who exactly said that? absolutely no one. most of the people who even suggested that were saying that when he bowled they reminded themselves of ambrose, and if i remember correctly, that came from the players who actually faced him.

C_C said:
Michael Owen the new Ronaldo.
On how Henman could match Sampras on Grass...
list is countless..
really?
who ever said that henman was as good as sampras on grass? who has ever said that anyone bar federer is anywhere near as good as sampras on anything?

C_C said:
And i have NEVER said he is the new Akram....the most i've alluded to is that his bowling reminds me of Akram's which isnt an exgaggeration, given similarity in their movement(though Akram had more variety than just about anyone) and his yorker is almost a carbon copy of Akram's.Hell even Akram himself said that Irfan reminds him of his younger self...so how the feck are you to challenge that.
and if you manage to ever read english correctly, you might realise that ive never said any of the above, and those who did compare harmison to ambrose said the exact same thing, that he reminded them of ambrose.

C_C

International Captain
This is my final reply to this thread, as i have better things to do than educate idiots of this planet.

that you show potential you have to perform first,
fundamental contradiction due to erroneous understanding of english.

nd by that definition, basically any bowler in world cricket today has the potential to be an all time great.
I am not gonna repeat myself. I have said what you require to be considered a potential great. read and learn.

the very thing ive been refuting is that pathan cant have potential to greatness, because he hasnt performed yet, hence he doesnt have 'this potential to greatness' rubbish. he doesnt fit in the definition.
You need ESL courses..... me thinks English as first language courses would be too challenging. Again, fundamental inconsistency in your quote(highlighted part). For the last time, Performance is not a required criteria to have potential.

where did i assure you that? only a fool would consider the odd ball thats in the high 80s to be someones overall pace, as ive said time and time one ball doesnt prove anything, its how you bowl throughout the game.
In this very thread you 'assured me' that Pathan doesnt bowl in the mid 80s...like i said, shut up or take the wager that his AVERAGE SPEED in the OZ series and PAK last year was 85-86mph.

are you going to respond to the question or not? stop bringing up inconsequential things to try and make yourself look better, why look at all the spinners who've played for england over the last few years, when pathan is a pace bowler and his performance should be compared to the english pacers of the past decade.
Again, i have addressed this - even IF your spinner theory is taken into account, ENG didnt play a single spinner for quiete a few games...and Cork/Caddick/Gough/Fraser didnt play very much together...essentially it means that the 3rd seamer's place is predominantly occupied by the seamers i mentioned in my list. Since ENG didnt play spinners always, that opens up the 4th bowler's spot sometimes too.... if you are too thick to understand, it means approx 60-70% of the time the 3rd seamer's spot would be open and 20-25% (independent instances to 3rd seamer's spot) would be open as well...which means he could slot in the bowling approx 80-60% time, which was my initial claim

flintoff- who was picked for his all round capabilities(or more importantly for his superior batting abilities) as opposed to his bowling.
Flintoff was initially picked as a very much bowling allrounder...in anycase, i didnt mention Flintoff, someone else did.

craig white- who averages a whole 6 runs less than pathan and again was picked for his all round abilities, as opposed to just his bowling
a whole 6 runs after playing a number of years as compared to one who's barely been playing more than a year....
Besides, you need to learn some mathematics after you learn English. Pathan without Bangladesh(at the time of the argument, before this match), Pathan's ave. was 41+change.
Craig White averages 37+change. that is FOUR whole runs...not six.

pringle - who averages about 7 runs less than pathan.
chris lewis - who again averaged about 6 runs less than pathan and was picked for his all round capabilities.
devon malcolm who again averaged 6 runs below pathan.
learn mathematics. Pronto.

41. - 37. is not six. it is 4.

In anycase, they were tried and tested failures, despite bowling in a much better overall pace attack as opposed to a young upstart with the right tools to be a great.

wow a whole 15 years ago, seriously, that was the time when reverse swing was unheard of everywhere other than pakistan. to use that as a reason to explain why no one in england knows anything about reverse swing 10 years later is ludicrous.
reverse swing was very much heard of- its been around since the late 70s/early 80s.
But no, most english commentators dont know diddly squat about reverse swing. They fundamentally contradict themselves many times when they say 'reverse swing' and confuse it with late swing.

then maybe you should be smart enough to realise when someone actually bowls reverse huh? but of course boycott, cozier and shastri are all wrong and biased and craig white could never reverse swing the ball
Regardless, they have mistaken late swing for reverse swing and i stand by that. Like i said, you'd best not debate this with me or i will be forced to give you a lesson in fluid dynamics, something that was one of my strong points.

so who are these batsman that have said that pathan's in swinger is more potent than white's? who are these batsmen that have said that he even has such a potent in swinger, when he hasnt been able to get too many wickets with them? then again its probably someone from bangladesh.
Try Tendulkar, try Inzamam. Try Dravid. Try Graeme Smith.
They all have said that Pathan's inswinger is an awesome inswinger.....i am yet tohear anyone say that about White, who's was merely decent.

rubbish, absolutely any commentator can tell whats reverse swing,even if he doesnt know how it works. its no surprise that you've ignore tony cozier's comment about white though, guess hes ignorant about it too. really you are the only one whos ever claimed that white couldnt reverse swing it, lets see you bring up any article or anybody whos ever said that white couldnt reverse swing the ball.
you cant tell something if you dont know the fundamental criteria for it. Granted, you dont need to understand the mechanics for it...but reverse swing is when the ball swings AWAY from the shiny side. And i can categorically say that most commentators dont haev a clue about reverse swing...they just throw it around for the sake of it and in many instances it is late swing.

you really dont want to get to the insults i can assure you.
If you **** me off enough, i will say whatever i want. If you think you can do better, bring it!

as opposed to the indians who overhype basically every player who's ever played cricket. please, dont even start, every country overhypes their players, its all part of the media. whatever this has to do with me i'll never know, because any expert would know better than to overhype a player unless hes proven.
Unfortuately, your comments about IND has been true over the last few years.....but i still havnt seen ANY national media overhype mediocre players to the level England does...and it has everything to do with you since you were quoting articles from the british media from hoboken journalists.

who exactly said that? absolutely no one. most of the people who even suggested that were saying that when he bowled they reminded themselves of ambrose, and if i remember correctly, that came from the players who actually faced him.
The guardian and the sun carried articles where they announced Harmison as the new Ambrose....hell they went even as far as to say that he is delifery-for-delivery a match for king curtley.

eally?
who ever said that henman was as good as sampras on grass?
BBC, Sun, Gaurdian, wimbledon brit commentators etc. during the 98-2002 period... said Henman is the only one who can give Sampras a genuine hard fight...when in reality he crapped all over the court when Sampras faced him- regularly.

and if you manage to ever read english correctly, you might realise that ive never said any of the above
And if you can get your brain fixed pronto, you might realise then, that if you never said the above, you have no business contradicting that Pathan reminds people of Akram, when one of those people is Akram himself!