• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

India Doom and Gloom Thread

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Remove Kohli from captaincy. 50% of doom and gloom will be over.
I am the biggest critic of his captaincy, but he has improved a lot recently. There's no question about it.

I can't take his on-field behaviour, but at this point he is fine. If not Kohli, Sharma seems like the best option.

Shri

Mr. Glass
we have two gun batsmen who have potential who also need fc games under their belt

and both are tall and can play off the back foot unlike our current front foot plonkers

gill and sundar

next time we tour england we will win for sure. this time its 50/50 for a series win

slippy888

International Captain
I think India should take a chance and drop rahane for Suru Yadav, Yadav needs to play now if he ever going to play test cricket and he good enough.

slippy888

International Captain
And also i would like to see Jadeja rested for the 4th test and Shami, and bring in Thakur and Ashwin to replace them.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is the best chance we'll have for a while imo.

Stokes, Woakes, Archer, Broad out. England batting in complete disarray. Pretty much all our players available and fit.

England are a weak af side right now and it'll be a shame if we can't get away with a drawn series at the very least. Personally I think we will.

Shri

Mr. Glass
This is the best chance we'll have for a while imo.

Stokes, Woakes, Archer, Broad out. England batting in complete disarray. Pretty much all our players available and fit.

England are a weak af side right now and it'll be a shame if we can't get away with a drawn series at the very least. Personally I think we will.
sad as it may sound i predict archer to be the shane bond of our era

and their batting has no signs of getting better unless pope becomes a beast again and root won't replicate this monster run every year

eng becoming worse in test cricket is inevitable. we are going to knock them out at some point in a 5 match series in eng

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
If everyone is doom and gloom, is anyone really doom and gloom?
Haha, feeling slightly triggered by the current preponderance of D&G threads. When I started the NZ doom and gloom thread, NZ were ranked 8th in tests, 9th in ODI's and 8th in T20's and were in the middle of a 5 game losing streak in tests. You guys can stfu until you have to deal with something like that.

Flem274*

123/5
Haha, feeling slightly triggered by the current preponderance of D&G threads. When I started the NZ doom and gloom thread, NZ were ranked 8th in tests, 9th in ODI's and 8th in T20's and were in the middle of a 5 game losing streak in tests. You guys can stfu until you have to deal with something like that.
haha yeah exactly

'wahhhh our out of form batting line up lost a test by themselves waaaahhhhh who could have seen this coming? why can't every series be our recent series win in australia?"

**** off until you know the meaning of pain you ****s. at least england are about to take several no hopers, joe root and some home track heroes to australia.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
haha yeah exactly

'wahhhh our out of form batting line up lost a test by themselves waaaahhhhh who could have seen this coming? why can't every series be our recent series win in australia?"

**** off until you know the meaning of pain you ****s. at least england are about to take several no hopers, joe root and some home track heroes to australia.
Eh, we're gonna be taking the batting lineup that couldn't beat India at home to India next year, all under the guidance of a relentlessly overemotional coach who thinks that India's big population makes them impossible to beat. I expect another 4-0 honestly.

Flem274*

123/5
Eh, we're gonna be taking the batting lineup that couldn't beat India at home to India next year, all under the guidance of a relentlessly overemotional coach who thinks that India's big population makes them impossible to beat. I expect another 4-0 honestly.
well yeah exactly. im talking about the indian fans feeling sorry for themselves with no long term reason here.

mind you, australia can come back when the glass quartet actually start living up to their meme again and you've got jackson bird dobbing it down in the indian sun at 122kph.

Daemon

haha yeah exactly

You don't understand the pain of England 2011,14,18. Throw the 2012 loss at home in there for good measure.

A decade of humiliation.

It physically hurts and makes me want to crawl into a ball and cry.

Flem274*

123/5
You don't understand the pain of England 2011,14,18. Throw the 2012 loss at home in there for good measure.

A decade of humiliation.

It physically hurts and makes me want to crawl into a ball and cry.
yes i do, because those margins were almost every test match for nz between 2008 - 2012.

Daemon

You don't. Your 2-3 test series humiliations were quick and painless. These are 5 test series for big boys only and involve months of nausea inducing performances.

The Australian maulings are fine because you go in expecting them. It's like if Bangladesh tours India and is disappointed after losing 2-0.

The only comparable humiliation is Harbhajan twin tons and the Finch-Carters partnership.