• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Imran Khan vs Keith Miller

Who do u think was a better allrounder,Imran Khan or Keith Miller?

• Total voters

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
That's because he bowled much less per test. That's like saying Muralitharan is better than Imran Khan because of 5fers and 10fers and because he takes more per test.

None of that counts against Miller. To be honest, when I consider top 10 bowlers, I could put Khan in there and I could also not, here is just a sample list:

Spofforth, Barnes, Lillee, Marshall, Hadlee, Warne, McGrath, Murali, Akram and Donald. All with cases just as good if not better to be in that top 10.

And then you say Miller can't even be top 20? I think you're love of Imran is helping that persuation out.
If that is the list for top ten, then such a list should struggle to include Miller in top 30.

And i'm neither a lover of Imran nor a hater of miller!

archie mac

International Coach
Imran Khan took more per tests than Muralitharan(thats if you exclude those 20 or 22 matches Imran played as a batsman during different phases of his career).
Miller had a lot of back trouble due to a war injury, and asked to be picked only as a batsman, stats are not everything!

Not in that quote, but he did say so many times:) Benaud also rated him one of the all time greats, and he has watched quite a few:)

And I am not saying Imran is not a great bowler:cool: Just that they can be compared:)
You are giving references that are ages old,people still have Imran in their top 5 & top 10(ICC have him as the 3rd greatest ever),tell me if anyone now puts him in top 10 now.And Benaud has Imran Khan over Miller in his all All Time XI,so it shows he not only considers him a much better bowler but also allrounder.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Funny how Imran is now ahead having trailed all along. No doubt the new members list will show 6 new members in the last hour registered by the same person to distort the vote.:laugh:
There are actually a whole heap of members who have voted for Imran despite not posting for years upon years...

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Is there any way those votes can be removed?

I noticed a few hours ago it was 26-20 to Miller, and now Imran has received 8 votes in a pretty short space of time. Thought something was suspicious.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
lordprasad=suchchin
Choora=warrioryohannan

Pretty sad really.
There are probably other matches if we dig deep enough. Not posting for three years and then coming back to vote on a poll without posting is a strange thing to do, especially when several people do it in a short space of time..

archie mac

International Coach
You are giving references that are ages old,people still have Imran in their top 5 & top 10(ICC have him as the 3rd greatest ever),tell me if anyone now puts him in top 10 now.And Benaud has Imran Khan over Miller in his all All Time XI,so it shows he not only considers him a much better bowler but also allrounder.
Well he has been retired for a few years longer than Imran, it will be interesting to see what people say about Imran when there are very few left who watched them both.

It would also be interesting to see how Benaud decided on Imran above Miller, I am going by what Richie said just after Miller died.

ICC and there rankings mean zero to me:@

Benaud once said to Miller how upset he was that Bradman retired the year before he (Benaud) started playing FC cricket. Miller; "we all have our lucky breaks, and that was one of yours Rich"

Funny how Imran is now ahead having trailed all along. No doubt the new members list will show 6 new members in the last hour registered by the same person to distort the vote.:laugh:
None of those who voted have registered after the start of this debate,Miller & Imran are highly comparable as allrounders & I don't think you should start throwing accusations like that if some people don't vote in favour of your favourite player.

Last edited:

pasag

RTDAS
Is there any way those votes can be removed?

I noticed a few hours ago it was 26-20 to Miller, and now Imran has received 8 votes in a pretty short space of time. Thought something was suspicious.
Yeah you can change the numbers but I don't think you can remove the people:

I'd advocate removing 6 for:

Akbar
AndIndiawins
Choora
lordprasad
suchchin
warrioryohannan

RolledOver

U19 Debutant
Voting means nothing much to me, on another forum Sachin Tendulkar outvoted Donald Bradman by a heavy margin.It doesn't mean that Sachin was actually better than Bradman

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
lordprasad=suchchin
Choora=warrioryohannan

Pretty sad really.
Akbar and "AndIndiaWins" are suspect as well, given they have been members for a combined nine years for a combined one post between them and have suddenly found the urge to sign in and vote on this poll.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah you can change the numbers but I don't think you can remove the people:

I'd advocate removing 6 for:

Akbar
AndIndiawins
Choora
lordprasad
suchchin
warrioryohannan
Beat me to it, it seems. I think the four confirmed multiples should be docked but I have slight reservations about removing Akbar and AndIndiaWins, TBH.

Pretty sad that people would resort to this though.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
If that is the list for top ten, then such a list should struggle to include Miller in top 30.

And i'm neither a lover of Imran nor a hater of miller!
It should struggle to include both then as they're very very similar.

It would also be interesting to see how Benaud decided on Imran above Miller, I am going by what Richie said just after Miller died.
Its not like he prefered Ramprakash over Bradman,Imran & Miller are almost equal & it shouldn't be very surprising if someone prefers one over the other in his XI.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Voting means nothing much to me, on another forum Sachin Tendulkar outvoted Donald Bradman by a heavy margin.It doesn't mean that Sachin was actually better than Bradman

Of course voting means nothing, it would just be nice if the poll was an accurate reflection of individual opinion, irrespective of the result, instead of being manipulated.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Imran Khan took more per tests than Muralitharan(thats if you exclude those 20 or 22 matches Imran played as a batsman during different phases of his career).
Sorry, what? Imran had matches in his career where he didn't bowl and it is really only at the end that he stopped altogether and if you are going to remove any do those. Still, based on 10fers 5fers and such he is inferior still. Also average and SR, but that's another discussion.