• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Important Discussion

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree 100% Reuben... You dont have to beat just 5 other teams, you need to beat 11 teams...

cometer

State Regular
I'm a firm believer that although it may appear to be easier to get to division 1, the fact that as others have said there are 12 teams means that its going to be a lot tougher to win the competition and so they balance each other out. It sounds like a good idea to me.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The system IMO looks brilliant, i was a bit worried that in the first one that the luck of draw could have too much of a control on who wins Divison One, but with two games against each side, that has been solved.

A bit dispointed to be dropped down to the lowest 4D divison, but you can't have everything. On the positive side it gives us three local derbies against the Galle. :D

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well it looks as though this is going to happen, im very pleased that people have accepted this with an open mind, I really think it will benefit WCC in the long run...

nibbs

International Captain
is this going to be implement this season or next???

EDIT: it will... he he he

Last edited:

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Blewy said:
mate, it was based on ur suggestion :p
Why did you think I liked it? ;) :p

But in all seriousness, it looks as though, in theory, it will work well.

One question - with the OD games, are you allowed to submit different teams for each game, if you wish to?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vic_orthdox said:
Why did you think I liked it? ;) :p

But in all seriousness, it looks as though, in theory, it will work well.

One question - with the OD games, are you allowed to submit different teams for each game, if you wish to?
yes u will be able to...

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
With the double headers, would it be possible that a player could be in both sides and get injured in the first one and therefore not participate in the second? Or would the player be able to play the second game as well and then start to miss rounds?

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Thats a good point, would be unrealistic if players got injured in game 1, then were allowed to play...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Basically with the double headers, the Injuries will not come into place until after the 2nd game....

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Blewy said:
Basically with the double headers, the Injuries will not come into place until after the 2nd game....
What about a 12th + 13th man, a la CW Dev League?

So if you lose a bowler or a batsman after the first game, you're covered.

andyc

vic_orthdox said:
What about a 12th + 13th man, a la CW Dev League?

So if you lose a bowler or a batsman after the first game, you're covered.
That's a bit too difficult I think, because the replacement player would no doubt differ depending on which player was injured. I think just bringing the injuries into effect after the 2nd game would be the easiest.

Mister Wright

kears_falcon_9 said:
It could work.. but im all go to stay with 6 divisions and keep the 10 games per season.. if u guys want an extended season.. make it a 20 game season... that stops all the hassle.
Or put the CW Bar cup matches on their own weekend. I not a huge fan of the system, I I think the 20 week season is a fine length. However, if the new system will help ease the workload on the other guys I'll support it.

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Seems like there have been a lot of new things added to this game, well i can't wait to get a side, but i guess i have to wait a little bit longer. :)

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I'm back from holidays and a lot has been changed and discussed.

I'm in favour of the longer season. I have always thought that it was too short. I don't have many issues about the new structure. Maybe 4 divisions of 10 would be better so that everything is even. You would then have 18 games in each form. A few double headers would bring it down to 30 weeks which is an ideal length of season. That said, I'm prepared to go along and support the new structure.