• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If Starc makes ODI ATXI , which bowler will most like miss out ?

Bowler most likely to miss out if Starc makes ODI ATXI

• Total voters

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He’s taken 14 poles at 5.6(!!) against NZ lol. That’s a pretty insane record to have against the runners up in both WCs.

Athlai

Not Terrible
He won them 2015 but iirc didn’t he go for plenty in some key games in 2019? Took a ton of wickets tho tbf.
Even on his bad days he was alright. 1-70, 2-59, 1-74 aren't that bad in the modern game.

But FMD he took 2-4fers and 2-5fers in that WC too

Flem274*

123/5
People don't realise just how good Starc is yet. You can't complain (rightly) about the era of mega scores and then look at Starc and think 'not great' or dare I say it 'not GOAT'.

Trent Boult runs Shane Bond closer in my estimation than many would think. If you can average sub-25 with good ER and back it up at World Cups in this era then you are pretty incredible.

Athlai

Not Terrible
People don't realise just how good Starc is yet. You can't complain (rightly) about the era of mega scores and then look at Starc and think 'not great' or dare I say it 'not GOAT'.

Trent Boult runs Shane Bond closer in my estimation than many would think. If you can average sub-25 with good ER and back it up at World Cups in this era then you are pretty incredible.
Yeah Boult has a superb WC record.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Probably because he's not as good in Tests and even if you're a ODI superstar you tend to get overlooked until retirement if your Test game isn't as good or better.

OverratedSanity

Wasim is the odi goat for me but starc has done some crazy things in a batting dominated era. No way I'd replace Wasim if I wanted starc in though, he just feels like the natural one to swap out because he's also a left armer. Id probably take out Garner or McGrath instead if it did come down to it. Akram is probably the second guy selected in an atg xi after viv for me.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
I think Wasim is underappreciated in general and I did not see much of him during his career, but to me Starc is the instant win button with a remotely competent side. 150kph late inswinging yorkers in the era of 350 being a common score is just an insane advantage to have.

I think he's just ahead of McGrath and Bond (the two best of my watching time) and I don't say that lightly at all. They were incredible.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Honestly I don't watch that much ODI cricket these days so I'm very possibly criminaly under appreciating Starc......I mean I'm aware of his ridiculous 2015 WC and I know the guys been a beast in the format. But better than McGrath???

He averages north of 32 against our lot and I just don't recall him doing anything special against us (probably has tbf but I don't recall it)

Just a bit mind blown he's getting rated this highly when I see him as having a very hot n cold career.

Flame away bitches.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Starc is a modern day ODI great who is close to an ATG XI, but he isn't that far ahead of Boult and Bumrah and Bumrah is 4 years younger. If Jasprit stays fit and enough ODIs are played, he could usurp Starc.

OverratedSanity

Starc in that semifinal vs England was truly dreadful tbf so I understand England fans not rating him as highly as others . His first few overs were something like 55 in 5 overs or something and the game was basically done. Probably one of the worst flameouts I've seen from an atg bowler in a big wc game.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Tendulkar
Gilchrist
Richards
Ponting
Kohli
DeVilliers
Kapil
Wasim
Garner
Murali
McGrath

Could replace Wasim as similar but I’m sticking with Wasim I think. Kills me not putting Symonds in.