• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC tournaments no longer on free to air in Australia

tony p

First Class Debutant
So what are they going to charge.?

I don't have Amazon, don't intend getting it.

Far too many different services having different sports.
Money only goes so far.

Shady Slim

International Coach
haha this is ****ed what the ****
genuinely incensed at this to the max. if this isn't a breach of anti siphoning laws then they're nowhere near what's strong enough

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
There are not many ways in which Australia can learn from England in cricket however England’s experience since 2005 (indeed since 1999 for the world cup) should have shown them that this is not a good idea.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
There are not many ways in which Australia can learn from England in cricket however England’s experience since 2005 (indeed since 1999 for the world cup) should have shown them that this is not a good idea.
We've had this bull**** for 18 years now. About time you actually learn how it feels

Yeoman

U19 Cricketer
Thinking purely about World Cups, the profile of the cricket edition was nigh on subterranean this time round while the free-to-air rugby Union version was hard for even an agnostic member of the public to miss.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
Yeah when i was a kid in the nineties cricket had a pretty high profile despite us being ****e. Then the 2005 Ashes happened which caused a massive spike in interest in itself. Then what? The game goes behind a big paywall, and for a long time too. Most of the interest that had been gathered withered almost instantaneously. **** them

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
Get IPTV if it's legal in your country. Different counties have different rules. Legal in mine.

I pay about 50USD a year. I mostly just use it for streaming, so I'm not sure how many channels it has, but a lot. I think their ads say 20000+ (which is definitely nonsense, cos there aren't that many channels in the world, but I think it probably has most of them). It probably has all the cricket channels- haven't checked fully but have seen about 8.

Streaming is pretty good (not perfect) for mainstream stuff, but if you want something like a B tier AUS TV show, it almost certainly isn't there.