• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Sim League V

Teuton

International Captain
I need a bit more time. Srb picking 10 batsmen and no keeper or spinner really threw my plans.
Also I am probably too late but I didn't think 2 blacklisted players was too many as combined teams still have to play 11 and by definition now 10 of my 11 will be worse the than the entire 14 of the teams that have first crack at the national teams. Not sure how it compares but I only have 4 eligible batsmen averaging over 30.

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
14th ANZAC Battalion
Geoff Marsh
Simon Katich
Jesse Ryder
Callum Ferguson
Hamish Marshall
James Hopes
Richard Hadlee
Luke Ronchi
Peter Taylor
Clint McKay
Shaun Tait
Matthew Sinclair
Carl Rackemann
Gavin Larsen

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
14th ANZAC Battalion
Geoff Marsh
Simon Katich
Jesse Ryder
Callum Ferguson
Hamish Marshall
James Hopes
Richard Hadlee
Luke Ronchi
Peter Taylor
Clint McKay
Shaun Tait
Matthew Sinclair
Carl Rackemann
Gavin Larsen
Good looking team there Teuton, but at the moment you have three players from the blacklist in there (Hadlee, Katich & Ryder).

If you're looking to strengthen your batting, why not swap Ryder & Katich for players such as Slater, Blewett or even David Hookes?

EDIT: Or Mark Richardson!

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
Ugh i must have tuned out before getting to the end of the list and just assumed barely adequate players wouldn't be there.

Definitely need 2 blacklist players to be competitive

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Not sure if we're gonna get any more people joining up than what we have now anyway, so what if we just allow the combined teams to keep 1 blacklisted player, but divided the ROW team up like this (mainly so we can just get started here)...

South Africa goes to Teuton - SANZA XI (Access to batting options such as Wessels & Jimmy Cook. Even Dave Richardson is an option behind the stumps).

West Indies goes to Samuel - Euro-Caribbean XI (Gomes, Gray, Lawson, Best, Roach, Samuels & Pollard are all unselected).

Kenya & Zimbabwe go to Shri - Africa/Asia XI (Tikolo, Odoyo, Olonga, Brain, Blignaut & Guy Whittall are still sitting on the bench. Don't forget the Afghans.).

And I'll grab Bangladesh if no-one wants them.

Last edited:

Teuton

International Captain
Ok then, will have to change my team name but will be worth it to slot Wessels into my top order. Will post a new squad when I have had a chance to review the full list of SA players

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I like that idea Jimmy. And in the spirit of moving things along, here is my XI for the first game whenever that ends up being:

Indian Honest Forgotten Hunks

Ravi Shastri (c)
Sridharan Sriram
Dilip Vengsarkar (vc)
Mohammed Kaif
Hemang Badani
Dinesh Karthik (wk)
Yusuf Pathan
Piyush Chawla
Praveen Kumar
S Sreesanth
Ashish Nehra
Reserves:
Sanjay Bangar
Dinesh Mongia
Mohinder Amarnath

Last edited:

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Provisional Bangladesh squad - happy to vacate if someone else comes along.

Tamim Iqbal
Shahriar Nafees
Mohammad Ashraful
Imrul Kayes
Habibul Bashar
Mahmudullah
Shakib Al Hasan
Khaled Mahmud
Mushfiqur Rahim +
Mohammad Rafique
Abdur Razzak
Mashrafe Mortaza
Rubel Hossain
Aminul Islam

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Meh, what the hell.

Baisya > Razzak and Athar Ali Khan > Kayes

EDIT: Razzak back in for Khaled Mahmud. Gonna go for a three-pronged spin attack of Al Hasan, Rafique & Razzak in home matches.

Tamim Iqbal
Shahriar Nafees
Mohammad Ashraful
Athar Ali Khan
Habibul Bashar
Mahmudullah
Shakib Al Hasan
Abdur Razzak
Mushfiqur Rahim +
Mohammad Rafique
Tapash Baisya
Mashrafe Mortaza