• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Sim League V

kingkallis

International Coach
2nd Preliminary Final

Sri Lanka v West Indies - Premadasa Stadium, Colombo

West Indies

Sri Lanka

West Indies won by 177 runs.

Man of the match: Richie Richardson
Whats wrong with Jimmy Adams? He is killing bowling units in important games!!!!

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
Wow yeah go Aussies!

Little Aussie Battlers

1. Mark Taylor*
2. Brad Hodge
3. Stuart Law
4. Adam Voges
5. Cameron White
6. Tom Moody
7. Greg Matthews
8. Wayne Phillips+
9. Andy Bichel
10. Mitch Johnson
11. Terry Aldermann

Good luck MM...not so much SCC

Howe_zat

Audio File
Tch. It's like the champions trophy all over again, we're the team to beat in the group stage and tank it in the semis.

Should've bowled Robin Smith more I suppose.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Final

Australia v West Indies - Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

West Indies

Australia

West Indies won by 147 runs.

Man of the match: Ian Bishop

ICC Sim League V Champions: WEST INDIES

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, well, well... The Windies certainly turned it up multiple notches during the finals series & have captured a well deserved championship title. MM becomes the only two time ICCSL champ - well played mate, I personally didn't think the Windies were going to be a major factor in this comp, you certainly got the most out of them! It was a great tournament, one of my favourite sim leagues so far - hope everybody had fun following the results!

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Awesome stuff. Bishop too good for most of the batsmen in this league. I'll tally up the stats later for him and the others

Well run again Jimmy

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Well, well, well... The Windies certainly turned it up multiple notches during the finals series & have captured a well deserved championship title. MM becomes the only two time ICCSL champ - well played mate, I personally didn't think the Windies were going to be a major factor in this comp, you certainly got the most out of them! It was a great tournament, one of my favourite sim leagues so far - hope everybody had fun following the results!
There's some decent players in the Windies team - can't say I was surprised when Richardson, Adams, Patterson, Bishop etc were too good for Mahanama, Gurusinha, Chandana, Zoysa and colleagues. (I'm still a bit baffled by Sri Lanka's miracle run...).

Congratulations to mr_mister, and thanks to jimmy101 for another fun tournament.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The champion team's tourney stats

Batting

Sherwin Campbell - 455 runs @ an avg of 26.8 and @ a s/r of 58.6
3 fifties, HS of 86

Junior Murray - 345 runs @ an avg of 23 and @ a s/r of 81.7
2 fifties, HS of 82*

Richie Richardson - 607 runs @ an avg of 40.5 and @ a s/r of 81.0.
4 fifties and 1 hundred, HS of 143

Gus Logie - 453 runs @ an avg of 34.8 and @ a s/r of 86.0
4 fifties, HS of 84*

Keith Arthurton - 602 runs @ an avg of 40.1 and @ a s/r of 80.5
3 fifties and 1 hundred, HS of 100*

Jimmy Adams - 552 runs @ an avg of 55.2, and @ a s/r of 81.7
6 fifties, HS of 94

Roger Harper - 170 runs @ an avg of 14.2 and @ a s/r of 54.1
HS of 30*

Winston Benjamin - 168 runs @ an avg of 16.8 and @ a s/r of 91.8
HS of 39

Kenny Benjamin - 86 runs @ an avg of 10.8 and @ a s/r of 85.1
HS of 24

Ian Bishop - 60 runs @ an avg of 20, and @ a s/r of 84.5
HS 15*

Patrick Patterson - 16 runs @ an avg of 5.3 and @ a s/r of 123.0

Bowling

Ian Bishop - 45 wickets @ an avg of 12.8
BB of 7/59

Winston Benjamin - 28 wickets @ an avg of 23.9
BB of 4/50

Kenny Benjamin - 26 wickets @ an avg of 24.8
BB of 3/31

Patrick Patterson - 24 wickets @ an avg of 24.3
BB of 3/33

Roger Harper - 25 wickets @ an avg of 21.3
BB of 4/18

So a solid but not spectacular batting display from my boys, with Jimmy Adams the stand-out for his 3 unbeaten 50s in the final 3 knock-out games, all at well over a run-a-ball. Richie Richardson and Arthurton also shined at times during the tournament.

The bowling was just awesome though. Bishop destroyed and had great support from all 4 of his mates.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm still a bit baffled by Sri Lanka's miracle run.....
Same here, it's always awesome when an underdog over-performs like that! I don't think anyone gave SL a chance after the first few rounds. You did a great job at working out their best XI.