• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

icc rights goto espn star for $1.1 billion!!

mohammad16

U19 Captain
I think the nba does the best job of handling the money is has, the game has really expanded globably over the last decade, not at all case with other sports leagues in the USA

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
mohammad16 said:
I think the nba does the best job of handling the money is has, the game has really expanded globably over the last decade, not at all case with other sports leagues in the USA
NBA is doing well overseas. NFL Europe is doing OK, and they are really trying to expand it. But yes, NBA is doing well overseas.

LA ICE-E

State Captain
silentstriker said:
There are no 'international' competitions in NFL, so it does not appear there. Each NFL game is attended by an average of 66,000 people, which is the most of any sport in the world. And I don't think its even close really.
go to look into the article thats there it says NFL geting the most attendence on avarage and MLB geting the most attendence altogether no other league/sports are close to it.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
LA ICE-E said:
go to look into the article thats there it says NFL geting the most attendence on avarage and MLB geting the most attendence altogether no other league/sports are close to it.
Of course. MLB games get more attendance overall because there are 162 in each team's season. NFL has 16. A slight difference ;). However, even with a 16 game season, the NFL makes more total money and spends more total money on players.

Dravid

International Captain
LA ICE-E said:
they have it its on direct tv its called cricketplus and it has the rights to show all icc events and other matches in america i think....

thats a great deal double the amount of last time and they did some great work last time- intercontinentals, world cricket league(not yet but planned) so they just need to keep going
Notice I said show it for free on TV.

Dravid

International Captain
silentstriker said:
NBA is doing well overseas. NFL Europe is doing OK, and they are really trying to expand it. But yes, NBA is doing well overseas.
It's basketball, not NBA. NBA is not a sport, it's a league, a league of US and Canada.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
LA ICE-E said:
it says here that the world cup had less attendence than the baseball classic on average and altogether that sucks...can someone see if the they are in fact true....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sports_attendance_figures#Competitions_between_national_teams
It's probably true.

However, when reading those figures, consider that the world baseball classic was held in 6-7 different countries to get home crowd in. Crowds were pretty low for neutral games.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
LA ICE-E said:
keyna/nehterlands already plays ODIs thats a spread because they dont have any colonial relations...
Kenya, that place that was under British rule till the 1960s you mean?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
no one said it would spread easily but saying icc is helping it spread "hardly"(as you like) but cant deny its not spreading but really slowly and needs to catch up to the growing rate of baseball....twenty20 might help....any know the growing rate of cricket and baseball?

LA ICE-E

State Captain
marc71178 said:
Ignoring my question about Kenya I see...
yeah i guess so:) no the other kenya that was not part of it:happy: point is icc is great it could do some good things with the money but still there should be critiqes like ss to keep 'em in line