• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC announce ODI law changes

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I was being ironic in saying "shoot me". That is all.

Anyway, this is crazy, and there's been a bit of it recently, so this'll be my last post on the matter.

Swervy

International Captain
I was being ironic in saying "shoot me". That is all.

Anyway, this is crazy, and there's been a bit of it recently, so this'll be my last post on the matter.
hahaha....I just want you to know that there is a difference between irony and sarcasm.

And I do hope you really don't think I thought 'Oh Richard wants me to shoot him'

I agree, 'nuff said on this one

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
hahaha....I just want you to know that there is a difference between irony and sarcasm.

And I do hope you really don't think I thought 'Oh Richard wants me to shoot him'

I agree, 'nuff said on this one
I broke my rule, but then... so what?

No, I didn't think said aforementioned.

(Was mildly tempted to post a :D smiley there, but resisted)

sohummisra

U19 Debutant
How does the action effect the likelihood of no-balls? :confused:
I would think someone who jumps a little more in the air has a higher likelihood of bowling no-balls. I have to admit I have never dissected Nel's action because I haven't felt the need to, but it seems like he just steams through without really propelling his body in the air too much. Seems harder to bowl a no-ball because he doesn't really have to time a jump.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Oh, yeah, certainly, the bigger the delivery stride the higher the likelihood of overstepping. But there are plenty of bowlers who don't jump, too, and not all bowl no-balls as rarely as Nel.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Something that's on a tangent but Ranadeb Bose, the Indian fast bowler selected for the England tour sent down 10500 First Class deliveries in 2006-2007 season, And 2100 deliveries in List A games, and bowled 0 no balls.