• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2005 Trial download

Monty

U19 Cricketer
andrew_nixon said:
The kolpak ruling allows players from countries with associate trading agreements with the EU to play as non-overseas players. It is not the same as having an EU passport.

Andy Flower is not a Kolpak player, as he has a British passport.
Grant Flower is a Kolpak player though.
so why is grant a kolpak and andy is not
also does that mean that an aussie could go to england and play as a kolpak

andrew_nixon

Cricket Spectator
Monty said:
so why is grant a kolpak and andy is not
also does that mean that an aussie could go to england and play as a kolpak
Grant is a Kolpak as he does not have a British or EU passport.
Andy isn't as he has a British passport.

Australian's can not play as Kolpak players.

andrew_nixon

Cricket Spectator
Lueigi said:
sorry to sound like a newb but,

what are kolpak players?
As I said above

The kolpak ruling allows players from countries with associate trading agreements with the EU to play as non-overseas players. It is not the same as having an EU passport.

jabba

Cricket Spectator
Players retiring seems a bit too random aswell. For instance, in my first Sussex game (which I sped through to try contracts) Cottey and Adams and Mushy retired which I thought was entirely reasonable as they are all mid to late 30s

However, in my next game (which I again ballsed up) Cottey, and Martin-Jenkins retired, now come on! RMJ is only 29 and that wouldn't happen or is at least VERY unlikely, especially as he had a good year and no injuries.

In my third game (third time lucky and all that) Cottey, Montgomerie (34 so fine) and Innes retired, once again Innes had a good year with no injuries and is only 29.

Just thought I'd point this out

Retox

State Vice-Captain
I won't be getting this game for two reasons

1. I downloaded it went to bed woke up and I could not play (what the hell 1 day? thats crap)

2. The stats suck from what I have been told

Good work guys. Maybe if you let us play the trial for a week and fixed the stupid stats (H Marshall a wicket keeper? Macca Defensive)

Last edited:

SteveG

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
One thing that disappointed me was that there was only ONE international 20/20 match for the entire 2005 season...and that was Australia v England.

Dan, can you tell us whether regular 20/20 fixtures only appear in English county cricket, or are there more than just the one international game? Thanks.

andrew_nixon

Cricket Spectator
The only international Twenty20 match each season is one between England and the second touring side.

Needs to be changed as Australia and South Africa both have home Twenty20 internatioanls this winter, and Pakistan and New Zealand probably will too.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
SteveG said:
One thing that disappointed me was that there was only ONE international 20/20 match for the entire 2005 season...and that was Australia v England.

Dan, can you tell us whether regular 20/20 fixtures only appear in English county cricket, or are there more than just the one international game? Thanks.

yep the twenty20 cup is in there

Emcee

Cricket Spectator
I havn't listed these in the cricketgames.com thread as I'm not 100% about them all and also because I'm not a member over their but heres a few errors in the Aussie database I think are correct.

- James Hopes and Dominic Thornly listed as batsmen when they are allrounders
- Dan Cullen, Adam Croswaith, Aiden Blizzard and Moses Enriques, all bright international prospects are missing
- Callum Ferguson is listed as a bowler when he is a batsmen
- Beau Casson is listed as a batsmen when he is a bowler
- Mark Cosgrove is an opener when he has only opened a few one day games
- Luke Butterworth is a bowler when he is considered an allrounder
If anyone agrees with these and posts at cricketgames.com feel free to copy past them over there.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have checked all on cricinfo and I agree so will post these on cricketgames' forum for you - good work!
Only change is player's name is "Moises Henriques" but apart from that all good.

Graham

3rd Umpire
I'd like to see the friendly matches become four day matches as opposed to three days. What do others think about this? Maybe we should have a poll? :huh:

Emcee

Cricket Spectator
Kentlad, I noticed on the cricketgames.com thread you have amended Henriques to be a bowler. From everything I have read on him he is considered an allrounder, do you have access to his grade cricket stats??

Emcee

Cricket Spectator
Found this on baggygreen.com, think it is enough evidence to make Henriques an allrounder in the game:
"Trevor Hohns, Australia's chairman of selectors, praised his talent, saying: "Moises is a genuine allrounder who would be selected in sides for his bowling or his batting alone."

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
I stand corrected! I'll repost over there.

I wonder how many (if any) of these changes will actually be implemented though...