• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC 2005 Records

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
I think it is a good record and should be kept.

Only thing is that it should only be runs or wickets and not the won by most wickets remaining etc.

It should then go to who was chasing the biggest total (if won by wickets) or to who had the largest 4th innings total to defend (for wickets).

Thoughts?

squiz

U19 Debutant
kears_falcon_9 said:
I think it is a good record and should be kept.

Only thing is that it should only be runs or wickets and not the won by most wickets remaining etc.

It should then go to who was chasing the biggest total (if won by wickets) or to who had the largest 4th innings total to defend (for wickets).

Thoughts?
Yeah I didn't mean scrap the record itself, I just meant scrap my record because it would be a bit hard to top.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
kears_falcon_9 said:
But by definition then it is not the closest result.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
most dismissals in a match Adam Knott?

4 catches in the first innings, 3 stumpings and 2 catches in the second (total 9)

Is 3 stumpings in a innings a record?

incidentally i was 201-4 at lunch on the fourth day needing 6 to win, but it rained for the last 2 sessions!

Attachments

darko21

U19 Debutant
The Rules of ICC 2005 Record Book

It seems that only a few people listen to me. For those who are new to this thread or for the constant record breakers, I will just state the rules of the Record Book (Keep in mind, these are my rules and if you don't like them ask me politely to change them or amend them).

1) All records must be presented with a screenshot to verify the record eg. For FC season runs/wickets, I will need the record screen at the team info section.
2) FC and ODD career records cannot be claimed if you are playing as a non-English side.
3) Any records that seem outrageous/false will be examined by myself to decide on the claim.
4) The only records that can be achieved are the records in the book. I am open to suggestion but only those records that seem logical or reasonable.
5) Any non-career records will need opponent and year with the screenshot. This does not mean you have to produce another screenshot just state it within the post.
6) All records must be accompanied with YEAR, OPPOSITION and PLAYER information. I am getting annoyed that some of the records read "J Citzen - 230 v Unknown." I would prefer if they looked like "James Citzen (AUS) - 230 v South Africa 2034

Thankyou to everyone who has contributed. I am looking to add more records to the list. If you have any in mind ask me.

Quagmire69

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jeff Lynch(Hampshire) best bowling on debut fc vs Glamrogan 2006
Jeff Lynch(Hampshire) best bowling on debut od vs essex 2006

squiz

U19 Debutant
List A: Most 6's in innings: 3 sixes Jim Lennon (Hampshire) vs Durham in 2012
List A: Most Runs in a season: 1926 runs Virendar Sehwag (Hampshire) in 2012
List A: Most Wickets in a season: 75 wickets Steve Saunders (Hampshire) in 2012

Also is Sehwag able to set Most runs in a year for FC and OD? Because Muttiah Muralitharan set the record for most wickets in OD for a year.

Attachments

Last edited:

Quagmire69

School Boy/Girl Captain
darko21 said:
It seems that only a few people listen to me. For those who are new to this thread or for the constant record breakers, I will just state the rules of the Record Book (Keep in mind, these are my rules and if you don't like them ask me politely to change them or amend them).

1) All records must be presented with a screenshot to verify the record eg. For FC season runs/wickets, I will need the record screen at the team info section.
2) FC and ODD career records cannot be claimed if you are playing as a non-English side.
3) Any records that seem outrageous/false will be examined by myself to decide on the claim.
4) The only records that can be achieved are the records in the book. I am open to suggestion but only those records that seem logical or reasonable.
5) Any non-career records will need opponent and year with the screenshot. This does not mean you have to produce another screenshot just state it within the post.
6) All records must be accompanied with YEAR, OPPOSITION and PLAYER information. I am getting annoyed that some of the records read "J Citzen - 230 v Unknown." I would prefer if they looked like "James Citzen (AUS) - 230 v South Africa 2034

Thankyou to everyone who has contributed. I am looking to add more records to the list. If you have any in mind ask me.
i'd like a record for most runs in a sesson first class and test, and partnership records for each wicket

SuperFred

Cricket Spectator
Is there a page with all of these records listed so we know what the benchmark is? Forgive me if i've missed it. Just seems to make sense that there would be a page with the records listed and gets updated everytime a new record is set.

squiz

U19 Debutant
There's an excel file updated every week in this thread search for it

----------

Twenty20: Narrowest Margin (by wickets): Hampshire win by 1 wicket vs Northamptonshire in 2013

Attachments

Last edited:

darko21

U19 Debutant
New Format Proposition

Quagmire69 suggested that there should be records for each partnership. I agree with this and have decided to change the layout of the record book.

Sheet 1: Domestic Records (FC, List A and Twenty20)
Sheet 2: International Records (Test and ODI)

On each sheet will be 8 sections:
- Results Records
- Team Records
- Batting Records
- Bowling Records
- Fielding Records
- All-Rounder Records
- Individual/Career Records

This will take up more time but it might be worth it. Who knows. Give me a few days to sort it out.

Last edited:

Quagmire69

School Boy/Girl Captain
darko21 said:
Quagmire69 suggested that there should be records for each partnership. I agree with this and have decided to change the layout of the record book.

Sheet 1: Domestic Records (FC, List A and Twenty20)
Sheet 2: International Records (Test and ODI)

On each sheet will be 8 sections:
- Results Records
- Team Records
- Batting Records
- Bowling Records
- Fielding Records
- All-Rounder Records
- Individual/Career Records

This will take up more time but it might be worth it. Who knows. Give me a few days to sort it out.
good man, ur doing too much, 1 more request, have an all rounder of the year type thing, use the same point system for matches, but carry it out for a year.. have minimum entry requirements tho. such as 1000 runs 40 wickets or what not..

darko21

U19 Debutant
Quagmire69 said:
good man, ur doing too much, 1 more request, have an all rounder of the year type thing, use the same point system for matches, but carry it out for a year.. have minimum entry requirements tho. such as 1000 runs 40 wickets or what not..
Doing too much but u give me a request. Might see with that request.

darko21

U19 Debutant
The All-New ICC Record Book!

Okay here is a draft of the new record book. It is still an Excel file and it is spread over 2 sheets. I scrapped the idea of a leaderboard as it took too much time and I am starting Uni this year so I need some free time. Have a look, it is not yet complete by any means.

Attachments

squiz

U19 Debutant
Looks good Darko!

Just a note, my Twenty20 record Simon Cusden with 0/58 it was against the CPU

Quagmire69

School Boy/Girl Captain
Best All Round Performace in FC
Kevin Pietersen 2005 360 points

Shortest Innings Balls Bowled 20/20

Shortest Ever Record squiz 1 hr 34mins

Last edited: