• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I went to Lords and...

nibbs

International Captain
it was cold. I didn't prepare very well for the elements so I was cold.

I was sitting to the right of the media centre. It was cool when the beach balls came out in the second innings, and we caused the security guards a lot of anger. It was hella cool fo sho. But I think Eden Park is cooler...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Lords seriously sucks... :(
Make sure you don't take your top off, or carry a flag with you.. Or a hooter... Fun? We've come to watch the cricket! *Scoff*
Some criminals get off more lightly....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Lord's may have unneccessarily stringent rules, but it's still a ground steeped in history, The Home Of Cricket, and it's the one ground anyone habiting in England must visit to call themselves a cricket fan.
I haven't yet, but I will do in the next few years.

Swervy

International Captain
Richard said:
Lord's may have unneccessarily stringent rules, but it's still a ground steeped in history, The Home Of Cricket, and it's the one ground anyone habiting in England must visit to call themselves a cricket fan.
so does that mean you arent a cricket fan then :D

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
I couldn't give a rats **** about tradition... There are many grounds steeped in tradition, but it doesnt give them the right to be intimidating and unfriendly to visitors... Lords should be leading the way, but instead it is resting on it's laurels, and is as stuffy as it ever has been....

Craig

World Traveller
Langeveldt said:
Lords seriously sucks... :(
Make sure you don't take your top off, or carry a flag with you.. Or a hooter... Fun? We've come to watch the cricket! *Scoff*
Some criminals get off more lightly....
So what is the punishment, confuscation of those items, or booted out of the ground never to return?

And you can blame those moronic Pakistani fans in the 2001 Natwest Series for causing trouble and ruining cricket (think the firecracker indicent for example).

Andre

International Regular
Craig said:
So what is the punishment, confuscation of those items, or booted out of the ground never to return?

And you can blame those moronic Pakistani fans in the 2001 Natwest Series for causing trouble and ruining cricket (think the firecracker indicent for example).
No - only if you want to turn it into a race-related issue... Which you shouldn't have done. Misbehavior occurs in all cultures, you twit.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Andre said:
No - only if you want to turn it into a race-related issue... Which you shouldn't have done. Misbehavior occurs in all cultures, you twit.
Bit of a generalisation there Andre.. Seriously if one can't say that some Pakistani fans created trouble a few years back for fear of being shot down as a racist, then we don't have a lot of hope do we!?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Craig said:

haha go the pakistanis... awesome they is.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Andre said:
The issue I have is with the terms 'those moronic Pakistani fans....'
Well... they were moronic and they were - supposedly - Pakistani cricket fans. About as much in reality as those idiots that go around with the England football team and cause all the trouble they cause. They're not fans of English football, either.
The supposed-Pakistani-fans were a massive problem in NW Series 2001, on 4 occasions (Edgbaston pitch-invasion, Trent Bridge firecracker, Headingley very frightening pitch-attack where a steward was badly injured, Lord's throwing the beer-can at Bevan).
But I don't think this can exclusively be blamed for Lord's' over-stringent rule-making.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
I couldn't give a rats **** about tradition... There are many grounds steeped in tradition, but it doesnt give them the right to be intimidating and unfriendly to visitors... Lords should be leading the way, but instead it is resting on it's laurels, and is as stuffy as it ever has been....
Hell, I'm not saying it's got a right to be unfriendly to visitors, but that's not the ground's fault - it's MCC who make the rules! It's the ground which has the tradition, MCC who are resting on laurels and as stuffy as they've ever been...

Craig

World Traveller
Andre said:
Una del cazzo di merda.

You are a goose are you?

So what do you think of those Pakistani fans who caused trouble?

Come on answer it.

It is irrelevant about other cultures.

Apologies for my lack of PC.

nibbs

International Captain
i was really hoping some crowd members would get angry with the security guards so that a massive ruck could begin. that would have really topped off my day. however it never happened :(

nibbs

International Captain
no crowd trouble at the the final fo sho. although it would have been fun if there was trouble and at one stage i was hoping there would be. i would have been more than willing to join in...