• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I hate Sreesanth

Pheobe

Banned
Nah Hayden's a legend. I love unashamed arrogance when it's backed up with results. Nothing in Hayden's comments was remotely untrue and there's nothing wrong with him saying it.
Not that Hayden does not back it up. However Sreesanth has genuinely troubled Aussies in pressure situations before, and the T20 WC SF is testimony to it. However Hayden's comments on Harbhajan and Ishant were totally uncalled for considering the ownage that was going to come in both ODIs and tests.

Postmanpat

Cricket Spectator
Not that Hayden does not back it up. However Sreesanth has genuinely troubled Aussies in pressure situations before, and the T20 WC SF is testimony to it. However Hayden's comments on Harbhajan and Ishant were totally uncalled for considering the ownage that was going to come in both ODIs and tests.
What.

What comments are you referring to? Because the article posted on the previous page showed Hayden just talking about Sreesanth.

How are they not uncalled for? Sreesanth was being an idiot and couldn't keep his trap shut. So Hayden just told the truth.

Pheobe

Banned
What.

What comments are you referring to? Because the article posted on the previous page showed Hayden just talking about Sreesanth.

How are they not uncalled for? Sreesanth was being an idiot and couldn't keep his trap shut. So Hayden just told the truth.
Comments about Harbhajan and Ishant some time back in early 2008.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
What has Hayden said to be compared to Sreesanth ? Apart from one incident during the Ind-Aus Series I have not head anything bad about/from Hayden.

I dont understand the Hayden dislikeness on this forum.

Pheobe

Banned
Nobody is comparing Sreesanth to Hayden. Hayden's speech was 100% right in the wake of silly Sreesanthisms, but it was unprofessional. Sreesanth on the other hand is a totally shmuck fellow and deserves every bit of bad press he gets.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Hayden was right when he said that Sreesanth is an over-rated bowler and hence was a target for them and that Sreesanth always looses his cool in tough situations. It is not unprofessional, it is the fact.Hayden is a great player, has always been a great team man and that includes the CSK.

Sreesanth otoh is just a distraction, there is a good chance that he will be out of IPL after this season or at least not be back for Kings XI :-

http://ipl.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/4501243.cms

Now he has problems with Yuvraj, his captain at Kings XI

Pheobe

Banned
Hayden was right when he said that Sreesanth is an over-rated bowler and hence was a target for them and that Sreesanth always looses his cool in tough situations. It is not unprofessional, it is the fact.Hayden is a great player, has always been a great team man and that includes the CSK.

Sreesanth otoh is just a distraction, there is a good chance that he will be out of IPL after this season or at least not be back for Kings XI :-

Sreesanth loses it again - News - News - - IPL - Times of India Cricket

Now he has problems with Yuvraj, his captain at Kings XI
Good news that. Sreesanth would do well to go back and toil in the Ranji and understand what it takes to be in the national team.

However, I cannot still get over Hayden's stupid rant over Harbhajan and Ishant, though he apologised afterwards. And I still think it was "unprofessional" to talk about a fellow fast bowler. He just degraded himself to the levels of Harbhajan and the like.

oitoitoi

State Vice-Captain
It's pretty well known that Hayden's a first rate **** on the field, always the first to dish out some unearned abuse. But remember that great Aussie thing of what happens on the field stays on the field? Dissappeared in recent years. Also Hayden is a very senior player in world cricket, he should have known better than to try and engage an idiot like Sreesanth in a public war of words.

Pheobe

Banned
And quite idiotically, the same Sreesanth might come to CSK next year. So how's that going to improve equations? One can understand the jibe had it been Ind vs Aus. But now Hayden is professionally employed by a team which might employ Sreesanth also in future. Gutter stuff that.

bagapath

International Captain
well, i dont want a team made up of ken barringtons, rahul dravids, len huttons and frank worrels. an occasional dennis lillee, sourav ganguly and ian botham do add a lot of spice to the proceeedings. that way hayden is mostly within the limits like the names mentioned above. he is an all-time great test cricketer and a superb one-day cricketer. that helps too because talk should be backed by substancial cricketing achievements.

sreesanth on the other hand is at a stage where he should enjoy playing cricket and learn from past masters. if i were him i would have taken hayden for a drink that night and picked his brains to improve my bowling. had sreesanth given hayden due respect, am sure hayden would have told him what would work better for him. cricketing knowledge used to be passed between opposing cricketers quite freely because it is a very small community afterall.

as for sreesanth being out of the team, such crap behavior is not going to help his cause for sure. no one wants a sore loser, moaner and an arrogant excess baggage in the team.

Pheobe

Banned
well, i dont want a team made up of ken barringtons, rahul dravids, len huttons and frank worrels. an occasional dennis lillee, sourav ganguly and ian botham do add a lot of spice to the proceeedings. that way hayden is mostly within the limits like the names mentioned above. he is an all-time great test cricketer and a superb one-day cricketer. that helps too because talk should be backed by substancial cricketing achievements.

sreesanth on the other hand is at a stage where he should enjoy playing cricket and learn from past masters. if i were him i would have taken hayden for a drink that night and picked his brains to improve my bowling. had sreesanth given hayden due respect, am sure hayden would have told him what would work better for him. cricketing knowledge used to be passed between opposing cricketers quite freely because it is a very small community afterall.

as for sreesanth being out of the team, such crap behavior is not going to help his cause for sure. no one wants a sore loser, moaner and an arrogant excess baggage in the team.
I don't think Ganguly or Botham specifically target players outside the field. Also, IPL is vastly different from International matches. It is more professional.

bagapath

International Captain
I don't think Ganguly or Botham specifically target players outside the field. Also, IPL is vastly different from International matches. It is more professional.
i am worried about sreesanth's on field behavior, pheobe.

also, i dont agree international matches are less professional than IPL. even if i dont argue with you on that, i will still say sreesanth's behavior in international games is also not absolutely clean.

Pheobe

Banned
i am worried about sreesanth's on field behavior, pheobe.

also, i dont agree international matches are less professional than IPL. even if i dont argue with you on that, i will still say sreesanth's behavior in international games is also not absolutely clean.
See Bagapath, I am not defending Sreesanth's behaviour at all. I am all against such utterly rubbish and nonsensical conduct on field. And the fact that he is not learning despite pounding after pounding really worries me. The kid should be given a slap as quickfix and taken to a psychologist in the long term. There are few right arm fast bowlers better than him in the country except perhaps Ishant Sharma. I think he has a very bad friend/advisor circle around him and needs to break out of it. He should have chats with seniors like Brett Lee, Sangakkara and learn a thing or two about being aggressive without showing it.

bagapath

International Captain
See Bagapath, I am not defending Sreesanth's behaviour at all. I am all against such utterly rubbish and nonsensical conduct on field. And the fact that he is not learning despite pounding after pounding really worries me. The kid should be given a slap as quickfix and taken to a psychologist in the long term. There are few right arm fast bowlers better than him in the country except perhaps Ishant Sharma. I think he has a very bad friend/advisor circle around him and needs to break out of it. He should have chats with seniors like Brett Lee, Sangakkara and learn a thing or two about being aggressive without showing it.
totally AWTA

rivera213

U19 Vice-Captain
Hayden is a prick, Sreesanth is just as big a prick though not as talented.

/thread.

* The Singh brothers (they should be related, they share a brain) Harbajhan and Yuvraj, however, annoy me much more than either Fatty Hayden or Sreesanth.

Pheobe

Banned
That would never happen. No management would be that stupid.
Quite possible if Sreesanth manages a miraculous turnaround in his form and has a good domestic year. CSK need bowlers. And Sreesanth inherently is talented than any right arm fast bowler in India, excluding Ishant.