• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I am going through hell' - Shoaib

Fusion

Global Moderator
Why do I feel sorry for Asif and not Akhtar? Because Asif seems like a naive kid to me. That doesn't excuse what he did, however I do have sympathy for him. In his relatively short career, he has been a team player. Unlike Shoaib, he has not had clashes with the coach, captain, and other players. He's not flamboyant and actually listens to advice being given to him. The drugs scandal is his first offense. I believe everyone deserves a second chance. Shoaib used up his chances long ago in my book.

FRAZ

International Captain
Why do I feel sorry for Asif and not Akhtar? Because Asif seems like a naive kid to me. That doesn't excuse what he did, however I do have sympathy for him. In his relatively short career, he has been a team player. Unlike Shoaib, he has not had clashes with the coach, captain, and other players. He's not flamboyant and actually listens to advice being given to him. The drugs scandal is his first offense. I believe everyone deserves a second chance. Shoaib used up his chances long ago in my book.
I think that personal disputes are the off the field activities of Shoaib . In the field I have never seen him slaping the Pakistani captain or being rude to the youngsters .He does celebrate the wickets of other bowlers . He doesn't try to drop the catches and he does not give his wicket away by standing 6 feet away from the stumps . People keep on making my point clearer and clearer that media has presented him as a monster . The gentleman is injured and was injured on many occasions but still he made his come backs cuz the decision makers know that "he is the need" !!!!

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
TBH I'm not sympathetic to them at all.It's there own fault so how can one be sympathetic to either even is Asif is trying to prove his innonence.
Only to a very small extent its Asif's fault, as i said earlier Asif was never briefed about banned drugs by the authorities (as amitted by the judge who placed a one yr ban on asif) he has no idea about doping, nor has he any idea about medicines.

Asif's drug case is more of a case of PCB's incompetence, rather than anything else.

pup11

International Coach
Basically Performance-enhancing-Drugs have no place in cricket or for that matter in any sports, so being a professional cricketer Akthar should have been a lot more carefull of what he was putting inside his body [as his explanation to the whole doping saga seems to be that he had no idea from where these drugs got inside his body].

So no sympathies for Akthar there hope he stays away from any more trouble in the future, but i doubt it.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
So they all say... as I've said before that, I believe, makes false presumptions. I doubt we'll get anywhere by going through all the similies again, so...

MiRPuRi ExPreSS

Cricket Spectator
It is not easy reading the label of absolutely everything you eat. Somethings like the off-the-shelves substances shoaib and asif took were taken out of pure ignorance and not because of wrong intentions. When judging people one should pay importance to intentions and the intentions of these players were not wrong. If anyone is at fault then it is the PCB and ICC for not educating and not monitoring what these players were taking in.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Haha, like Shoaib would know what hell was like.

Hell is having a doctor pinching, manhandling and scraping off parts of your organ (grand organ in my case), and insisting that the symptoms you are experiencing is most likely a disease as a result of extramarital ***, and that it'd be better all round if you came clean about it. While you know that nothing of the sort has happened, and try to explain that it's freakin' sore dammit, so could you exercise a bit of care, and it appeared from my perspective to be as a result of a rough missed entry during relations with my freakin spouse (ultimately, the doctor had to accept this, as all his tests for STDs came back negative).

Hmmm, on the other hand, Shoaib's probably been through worse.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator

Hell is having a doctor pinching, manhandling and scraping off parts of your organ (grand organ in my case), and insisting that the symptoms you are experiencing is most likely a disease as a result of extramarital ***, and that it'd be better all round if you came clean about it. While you know that nothing of the sort has happened, and try to explain that it's freakin' sore dammit, so could you exercise a bit of care, and it appeared from my perspective to be as a result of a rough missed entry during relations with my freakin spouse (ultimately, the doctor had to accept this, as all his tests for STDs came back negative).

:laugh:

Evermind

International Debutant

I thought yours is the slow, gentle love.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member

That would be :laugh: if it wasn't so :blink::yucky:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
There are no facts about it as far as I know, other than the fact that the substances were found in their bloodstreams.