• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How old were you....

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Don said:
liam we prefer the first list.its better.and plus i cud make the u-19 team.so use the first one
So in other words, make the whole thing unrealistic just so you can play U/19s?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
The more I think about it, the more I'm liking the U19 idea. At first I said it as a joke, but it could add another aspect to it all.

So long as you don't pension people off when they get past 30.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Latest list.

Which set of ages looks more favourable?
The more I think about it, the more I'm liking the U19 idea. At first I said it as a joke, but it could add another aspect to it all.
First one. And it isn't too unrealistic as other in CW's position, like Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, chuck young players in.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Don said:
and thats not a problem all that wud done is that u-19 players cannot play in the senior squad.if they do they wud no longer be eligible for the u-19 squad. or they are only allowed to play in the odi squad
I got a way, cut the age back to 15, in country that are establishing themsleves its not un common that people start playing FC when their 15. That way you can be realistic and still get you into the U19 side.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Like I said, it isn't too unrealistic. Mohammad Ashraful made his test debut for Bangladesh at 16y 362d, Enamul Haque jnr at 16y 320d, Mushfiqur Rahim at 16y 267d, Talha Jubair at 16y 223d. There have been 3 test debutants aged 15 or younger. Taibu was captain of Zimbabwe at 18. It does happen.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
vic_orthdox said:
Cricinfo said:
Full name Jack Patrick McNamara
Born February 13, 1987, Sydney, New South Wales
Current age 19 years 16 days
:p

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I was 14 when I signed up
Completed two seasons and now i'm 16...i thought the Dev League's were played a bit more often