• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How much does your favourite batsman average at your home ground?

Sudeep

International Captain
Thought of this topic as I was watching the highlights of a New Zealand - India match at Baroda, in 1994/95.

Sachin Tendulkar averages a mammoth 80.66 at Baroda in the three matches he has played here. He has hit two centuries here, with the one he hit against New Zealand being his highest ODI score at the time. :cool:

Incidentally, Tendulkar also bowled in all three of those matches, something that we rarely see of him these days.

Langeveldt

Soutie
My favourite batsman is AB De Villiers, and I don't think he has played at Taunton.. Neither has Daren Ganga..

xan_pro

Cricket Spectator
my home ground is bangalore in india. and my fav player is rahul dravid. i dont think he has batted really well here. its dissapointing

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Dravid in 5 Tests at Bangalore: 165 runs @ 18.33, 1x50, HS 60
Dravid in 6 ODIs at Bangalore: 215 runs @ 43.00, 1x50, HS 80 (vs Australia, March 2001)

Swervy

International Captain
I am my fave batsman...and I average I guess in the mid 20's (which is ok in my league) at my home ground in Idle ,West Yorkshire

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Swervy said:
I am my fave batsman...and I average I guess in the mid 20's (which is ok in my league) at my home ground in Idle ,West Yorkshire
I see those "build your self-esteem" self-hypnosis tapes are finally paying off! :D

Swervy

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
I see those "build your self-esteem" self-hypnosis tapes are finally paying off! :D
hey..I love the way I play...stylish yet brutal on the drive, lethal pulling the ball...I would love to watch me bat :D

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Swervy said:
hey..I love the way I play...stylish yet brutal on the drive, lethal pulling the ball...I would love to watch me bat :D
lol looks like boy brumby was right then

steds

Hall of Fame Member
My 3 favourite players

Dave Mohammed averages 16 at Old Trafford
Chris Schofield averages 28.89 in First Class cricket, 18.13 in List A and 32 in Twenty20 there
and Iain Sutcliffe averages 33.31 in First Class, 26.06 in list A and 4 in Twenty20 cricket at the home of Lancashire

Swervy

International Captain
sledger said:
lol looks like boy brumby was right then
yeah probably

Its a major flaw in my game..over confidence when I bat...and impatience..I get bored if I dont hit a 4 every over..early in an innings its that that usually gets me out, and no matter how much I tell myself to defend when the bowler is coming in to bowl, I still get a rush of blood and think I can welly it out of the ground...of course when it works, it great fun :D :p

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Swervy said:
yeah probably

Its a major flaw in my game..over confidence when I bat...and impatience..I get bored if I dont hit a 4 every over..early in an innings its that that usually gets me out, and no matter how much I tell myself to defend when the bowler is coming in to bowl, I still get a rush of blood and think I can welly it out of the ground...of course when it works, it great fun :D :p
i have a similar flaw actually, although by no means am i an attractive player, i bat like hoggard with the occasional attempted slog.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Flintoff averages 32.5 with the bat and 31 with the ball at OT in Tests
In ODI's its 33.33 with the bat and 42.50 with the ball :o
First Class 30.46 with the bat and 42.65 with the ball
List A 24.63 bat and 25.18 ball
T20 31.00

Not Great!

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Ricky Ponting averages 74 in 9 SCG tests including 1 double, 2 hundreds and 3 fifties

just 35 in ODI's though with just 5 fifties in 27 knocks

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Swervy said:
yeah probably

Another afridi in the making i guess.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My fav (current) batsmen is one Graham Thorpe. I guess my home ground is Fenners where he averages a very healthy 116!

Matches:2 Innings:3 NOs:2 HS:114* Runs:116 Average:116.00

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
age_master said:
Ricky Ponting averages 74 in 9 SCG tests including 1 double, 2 hundreds and 3 fifties

just 35 in ODI's though with just 5 fifties in 27 knocks
There you have it, home ground and player.