• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

how long before south africa recall boucher?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Richard said:
I was simply saying that South Africa's best chance of winning\not losing this crucial series was to not pick Dale Steyn at the present time.
Why didn't you say so then??

I don't see how Dale Steyn haemorrhages runs can be interpreted as that..

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I said
Richard said:
Also rather worrying that the only option if Langeveldt is not fit is the recall of Mr. Steyn... just when they looked like they were realising that bowlers who haemorrage runs aren't the way to go.
Now, I know my phraseology isn't the best, but I'd hope that I made it pretty clear that by that I meant simply that the best way to get yourselves into good positions in Test-matches is not to have bowlers who are conceding runs at 4-an-over.
Not once did I say "Dale Steyn is a hopeless case and should be dropped and never picked again because he haemorrages runs and can't possibly ever have a time when he doesn't" or anything remotely similar.
I simply said that the best interests of South Africa would be for Steyn not to play Test-cricket at the present time.
And the best interests of Steyn's career, too, for that matter.