• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

King Pietersen

International Captain
Second season done, and mission 1 accomplished, win the league. 31 wins, 3 draws and 4 losses - 96 points winning the league by 7 points over Chelsea, with Spurs and United making up the Top 4. We then topped that off by beating Shakhtar in the Europa League final to do the double. Solid 2nd season.

The change in system worked miracles. Using either Ozil, Cazorla or sometimes Ramsey as an AMC Attacking Playmaker completely transformed the team. We dominated possession against most teams we faced losing only to Norwich, Tottenham, City and Everton in the league season. Having the more advanced playmaker also meant we created a lot more chances and as a result scored a heck of a lot more goals. As a comparison, first season with a DMC in place we scored 74 and conceded 30, second season we scored 95 and conceded just 23, so a massive improvement all-round.

The signings made in the summer worked superbly. Mayke rotated with Bellerin perfectly in the right wing-back position with both performing excellently; El Shaarawy was superb staying fit all season and contributing 31 goals and 15 assists in all competitions; Stones was rock solid at the back and formed very strong partnerships with Koscielny and Balanta throughout the season; the best signing of the season though was probably the most risky, £22m signing Enner Valencia. Came in with a pretty average goalscoring record, but was a revelation. In 52 games in all competitions, he scored 45 goals and contributed 12 assists leading both the Premier League and Europa League scoring charts. Turned out to be a fantastic signing and did the job I was hoping Higuain would do in the first season.

Going into my 3rd campaign I've made some more big signings. Ozil, after a fairly average season has been sold, moving to Dortmund for £33.5m and to replace him I've bought in James Rodriguez. I also noticed that El Shaarawy had no back-up in the AML position so picked up Julian Draxler for £37m (£20m up front), and then replaced David Ospina with young German keeper Timo Horn. Squad looking incredibly strong and hoping to add the Champions League to the trophy cabinet.

Strongest XI going into season 3:

-----------------------------Cech------------------------------
----Mayke---------Stones--------Balanta--------Silva----
----------------------Bender--------Ramsey-----------------
--Alexis------------------James------------------El Shaarawy---
---------------------------Valencia------------------------------

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Urgh. Board go and reduce my transfer intake to 15% just as I get huge bids for my two best players. Have sold them anyway because well 13 million for a Championship club.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Playing Ozil in his natural position, who would have thought of that.
The change of formation worked wonders for the team, not for Ozil. Cazorla out-played him, as he did at AML. Cazorla scored more goals, got as many assists, had a FAR better average rating and made less appearances. Ozil actually performed much better in the first season playing AML. Who would have thought of that.

Added Community Shield (beating Spurs) and European Super Cup (beating United) to the trophy cabinet early season and got 2 solid wins over rival teams. Gave Ramsey club captaincy before the United game and he performed immediately getting MOTM in his first game as skipper. Going to be captain for a long time. Also running low on cash so decided to cash in on Gnabry and Sanogo. Neither look like developing into the sort of players I want them to, so they've been moved on. Gnabry out for £9.75m and Sanogo out for £5.25m. Nobody in particular I'm looking at, but might look to bring in a regen with decent potential to boost the under-21s.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
In Europe this season so could really do with an additional CM. I have ~30mil to play with and am happy to drop it all on the one signing, could be upped significantly if somebody will take Rooney.

Looking for someone who is immediate first-team quality. Might target Pjanic, but I'm not sure who else could be an option.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Youri Tielemans? Gun young player. Can play first-team in any league from 18 and develops into an absolute beast. Failing him, try Mateo Kovacic, Leon Goretzka, Will Hughes or Koke. Koke probably the most expensive, but also will be the most ready, but personally, if I need a CM I'd go Tielemans every time.

Eds

International Debutant
Depends what type you want. Lucas Romero & Gaston Gil Romero also turn out to be beasts.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Youri Tielemans? Gun young player. Can play first-team in any league from 18 and develops into an absolute beast. Failing him, try Mateo Kovacic, Leon Goretzka, Will Hughes or Koke. Koke probably the most expensive, but also will be the most ready, but personally, if I need a CM I'd go Tielemans every time.
Yeah I've picked Tielemans up already, but he's raw/developing and I want to slot in a really solid first team player to ease the pressure on him while Tielemans improves. Ideally I can then piss one of Fellaini or Herrera off after this season, with Tielemans being a genuine first team CM for me by the time I finish the season.

Might try to pick up Sven Bender too, contingent on me getting Rooney to move on.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Tried Koke, scout report says he has no interest in coming to us, so considering that and his price I'm not sure he's worth pursuing anyway.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Goretzka worth looking at. Immense all-round midfielder. One of the few players I've seen with 10+'s across the board. If he's not already moved on from Schalke he'll be perfect!

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Just beat Bournemouth 7-1 in the first game of the season. Mata with 4 goals and a 9.9 overall rating.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Ridiculous run of fixtures at the moment. Away to West Brom (2-0 win), away to Steaua (3-0) for the CL midweek, away to Burnley (3-1), away to Sunderland (2-0) for the Capitol One, home to Sunderland (6-1), all leading in to a home game vs. Barcelona in the Champions League.

Burnley and Sunderland in the Capitol One had me resting half the team, because they were all tired from being used early in the season. And Sunderland in the Prem had me resting literally everyone who will start the Barca game (except Januazj, who bagged 4 goals), which led to me debuting an 18-year-old goalkeeper on loan from Udinese (Alex Meret, my third string after Lingaard got pissed) and playing a decent chunk of the U21 team.

And all of this to hopefully leave me with a chance for a draw vs. Barca. FMD.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Looks like they've actually made some decent enhancements. Will probably buy it when the first steam discount arrives.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Really enjoying the Beta so far. Everton save crashed and wouldn't let me save, so that was annoying, but been working perfectly since I started as Chelsea. Signed a few very players already. Luan, a young Brazilian attacking midfielder that is a natural AML, AMR, AMC and ST. Only cost £5.5m and as soon as he joined was immediately worth £15m. In the Community Shield he was amazing, scoring a goal and bagging an assist covering for Hazard at AML. Looks like he's the gun, cheap player of the new game. Also very impressed with the stats of young defender Enzo Roco. 16 for heading, tackling, marking, stamina, strength, and very strong in determination, anticipation, decisions and work-rate. For £7m he's a bargain. Mario Fernandes (RB from CSKA) and Thiago Maia (young DM from Santos) also well worth a look.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well the new one was going all fine until I went and failed to win the last 7 games of the season with Brentford, ended up 3rd.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
How good is this game? Surely you want a degree of realism. The only person I know personally who plays it took Cheltenham into the Premier League, so it's degree of realism appears to be small.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How good is this game? Surely you want a degree of realism. The only person I know personally who plays it took Cheltenham into the Premier League, so it's degree of realism appears to be small.
Tranmere are always **** on it so can't be too far wrong