• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

King Pietersen

International Captain
I'll give him a go at CM and see how he gets on. Might work. Never going to use an AMC though, so might have to cash-in on him.

Ah yeah, he's normally at AMR and forgot to swap him over. Walcott's been keeping Higuain out of the side up front.

King Pietersen

International Captain
Doing pretty averagely at Arsenal. Knocked out of the CL in the group stage, and at the start of January I'm sat 3rd. We're crap against the big teams. Also squad is stupidly lacking in depth, particularly at left back where Kieran Gibbs seems to get injured every single time he plays. Turns out Debuchy is a rubbish back-up left-back, so will need to improve that in the transfer window. Sanchez, Walcott and Giroud are awesome. Higuain has done nothing other than continually getting injured. Ozil has been sent off twice (WTF?) and Cazorla seems constantly injured too. The board love me though, offered a new contract in November and I'm unbelievably secure in my job considering the piss poor performance so far. Turns out FM is realistic.

This is awesome.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Coming into April of the first season, just made it to the FA Cup Final and then disaster strikes:

Mata and Januzaj are both injured already, then, in the course of one game, Memphis, Di Maria and van Persie are all off injured.

Hopefully most of them are back for the Final. If not, it's a big problem, because Rooney can't score a goal to save himself at the moment.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Coming into April of the first season, just made it to the FA Cup Final and then disaster strikes:

Mata and Januzaj are both injured already, then, in the course of one game, Depay, Di Maria and van Persie are all off injured.

Hopefully most of them are back for the Final. If not, it's a big problem, because Rooney can't score a goal to save himself at the moment.
*Memphis

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Fixed.

Beat Swansea to win the FA, after beating Liverpool to win the Capitol 1, and came an admittedly-distant 2nd to Chelsea in the Prem (despite beating Chelsea in all but one encounter this season). They finished on 96 points, us on ~85ish.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Gibbs getting injured all the time is at least realistic. Also good to know it's not just Wenger and I who really struggle with the big games when managing Arsenal.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Arsenal on FM15 are really like the Arsenal of real life in my experience too.

Every season involves a prolonged period of absolutely demolishing most of the mediocre teams in the division, some good results against bigger sides, a home draw against Chelsea, an away defeat to Chelsea, and bunch of awful defeats thrown in here and there. 3rd/4th place finish.

Last edited:

King Pietersen

International Captain
It's bloody frustrating. Since being knocked out of the CL they've just lost all confidence. Poor performance after poor performance against crap teams. In January now so have a little bit of cash to spend so bought in Jonathan Silva as he becomes the best LB in the game and will be perfect to rotate with Gibbs. Also looking at bringing in Mateo Kovacic who Madrid have transfer listed, so can pick him up for £7m which seems like a bargain, and now have Balanta as River's season has finished so he's joined us meaning Gabriel Paulista moves on for £7m. Need something to change though, we're still sat 3rd in the league, but if we keep dropping points against average teams we'll struggle to come 4th. I was expecting it to be a fairly straight-forward save and to win the league convincingly after bringing in Bender and Higuain, but **** me it's frustrating managing them on FM, thank **** I'm not an Arsenal fan, must be even worse IRL.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It's essentially the the same, only slightly worse. Mainly because you always falling into the trap of thinking real life couldn't get any more frustrating/stupid than what has already manifested.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Genuinely haven't played FM for over a month because of how frustrating I'm finding my Arsenal save. I know I'm a noob but given the players I've brought in it's frustrating I haven't really made progress.

Alex Sandro, Raphael Varane, Javi Martinez are the additions to the starting XI ftr. I know I've still got the same striker options but they're all really good in patches, just lack the consistency. Doesn't help that Alexis, Walcott and Welbeck all get heaps of injuries mind. I got carried by Levendowksi in my 14 Dortmund save though, he was absolutely phenomenal, so maybe I'm just underrating how good forwards are supposed to be on the game.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I have found that strikers tend to be poor on this version, is why I have often ended up playing 4-2-4-0.

Eds

International Debutant
I've had a guy score at a goal a game for over a decade now so I'm not sure it's an issue of forwards being crap.