• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How Are You Doing On CM?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
With my Fiorentina game (before it went crazy and ****ed up) I usually played a 4-1-2-2-1 system. Team of:

Frey

Ujfalusi
Dainelli
Da Costa
Pasqual

Donadel

Liverani
Kuzmanovic

Mutu
Santana

Pazzini

(has sold Montolivo)

always worked pretty well, esspecially once I got someone in to replace Donadel as the holding midfielder.

One thing that gets my goat about FM08 is that it seems that a DM getting higher than a rating of 7 in a match is very very rare indeed, a small niggle, but still a bit irritating.

Craig

World Traveller
Bugger, leading Inter 3-2 with ten to go and Andrea Barzgali, was having a smoke because he let David Sauzo in to score and equaliser to give me a 3-3 draw in a game I should of won. Not happy.

My UEFA Cup draw (excluding myself):

HSV
Real Zaragoza
Bordeaux
Red Star Belgrade

Barney Rubble

International Coach
wrong thread?

Edit: aha...I geddit, CM Punk, how apt.
Mate of mine who'd never seen wrestling before watched Survivor Series '06 with us, and on seeing Mr. Punk joked "hey, look, it's Championship Manager Punk! I like this guy." :laugh:

Incidentally, my FM game is going great guns. Into the 2016/17 season with Pompey now, not won the league yet but am a regular qualifier for the Champions League. Have qualified for the knockout stages in 16/17, have 40-odd million in the bank and a 45,000 seater stadium. Most of the players who actually exist are starting to disappear now - my first-team regulars of eight years, Craig Gordon and Lucien Aubey, are just starting to fade out of the first team, to make way for young starlets like Sergio Stella, Alekos Verbis, Karadeniz Gunes, and other imaginary guys. Going pretty well.

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Woah, downloading that now. Looks abolutely insane,interesting that England has had a 52 year drought without one of it's sides winning a Champions League.
Agreed would've thought that its being 52 years since a non English team has won it

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
interesting that England has had a 52 year drought without one of it's sides winning a Champions League.
Is it only the English league active? If so, means they've probably fixed something that irritated me for a while - regens from active nations are much better than regens from not-active nations

Two Welsh sides in the Prem :laugh:

Retox

State Vice-Captain
started a game as PSG

6th after 16 games
landon donovan has been my only signing
David N'Gog looks to be a star in the making and should slot into my attack at the end of the season when Pauleta retires :(

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Started a game as Plymouth last night, lost first game to Bognor Regis 1-0, pissed me off, and decided I couldn't be arsed to play any more, will go back to it over the weekend.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Started a game as Citeh on the July 2008 Tapanified patch for 01/02. It's so much fun. Best game in this series, imo.

Thaksin's a right pain in the butt, wouldn't let me pay 30mil for Aguero. He ended up going to Arsenal on a bosman. I got Messi and Bojan shortly after, though. Fun times.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Started a game as Citeh on the July 2008 Tapanified patch for 01/02. It's so much fun. Best game in this series, imo.
Concurred.

Recently picked it up, resuming my game where I recently got appointed United manager. Recovered from a tough start to win the quadruple, beating the Dirties in the European Cup final. Then had an awesome season in the league, ended on 95 points, but won **** all else.

Current season now, had a shocking start (first 15 games yielded just 24 points), getting back into the title race now, in 2nd, two points behind Wolves with about ten to go. Due to the World Club Championship I've had a bye to the fifth round of the FA Cup, and look good to qualify for the quarters in Europe. I've hard the worst injury crisis that I can remember, though - six first teamers out injured including all four first choice midfielders. Beginning to get back to fitness though, should be an interesting end to the season.

Agent TBY

International Captain
My current season has the English and the Argies on permanent international duty. :laugh:

Plus, it seems I'm getting an injury every game. Pretty tough situation.