• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Home Ground/Pitch Conditions

DJellett

International Debutant
Each team must select a name for their home ground, and the pitch conditions at that ground. Pitch conditions, once selected, are final and are to remain unchanged throughout the season.

Pitch conditions may have a total of 15 attribute points, with a maximum of 10 points towards any one choice from the following criterion -

1. Pace
2. Movement (Swing/Seam)
3. Spin

Captains/Vice-Captains, please complete the following Home Ground form ASAP.

HOME GROUND

Team Name:
Ground Name:

Pitch Conditions (15 points total)
Pace:
/10
Movement: /10
Spin: /10

Agent TBY

International Captain
Would you consider letting captains e-mail you their pitch conditions instead of posting them openly? Maybe even allow them to alter their pitches by a maximum of one or two points before each home game. You could then post a description that gives other teams a vague idea of how they're expected to behave.

It'd add a sense of the unknown in a league where we all know each other's attributes and also create some kind of home field advantage. It's your call though, and of course, you should only consider this idea if it isn't too much work.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Agree with 99% of that good suggestion- I don't agree with the changing the pitch by one or two points each game however as
a) I doubt that will do a lot (changing by just a couple of points)
b) It is not like real life most grounds don't change throughout the year.
c) Although luckily there is a captain and vice captain to help there are a vast number of games in the season and getting in pitch conditions for each would be more work which may mean delays if captains forget to do it.

Howe and Johnners to comment.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think the horse has bolted on that point simply because 2 of us have already posted and spoken about what our Pitch condition might be.

DJellett

International Debutant
I think the horse has bolted on that point simply because 2 of us have already posted and spoken about what our Pitch condition might be.
Agree with the above - good idea, unfortunately I didn't think of it and it's a little too late now to be fair. In truth most "inner" team dealings will be conducted on or around these forums anyway, so secrecy pertaining to such a key issue would be difficult. No problem in being transparent, because all are in the same position - the sense of mystique you speak of would be a fantastic addition, but innappropriate at this point in time.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
HOME GROUND

Team Name: Honey Badgers
Ground Name: The Den

Pitch Conditions (15 points total)
Pace:
Movement: 4
Spin: 3

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File