• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Holding's autobiography?

TheGreatest

U19 Cricketer
Guy's! It's been sometime and I have still not decided whether to buy one of my cricketing idol Michael Holding's autobiography "No Holding Back". I have read the review at this site, it looks like a good read but with the only 220 pages I think maybe it lacks detail. I have seen the table of contents where his playing career ends around 100 pages.

Most of you might have read it, so please let me know that is it worth reading?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Guy's! It's been sometime and I have still not decided whether to buy one of my cricketing idol Michael Holding's autobiography "No Holding Back". I have read the review at this site, it looks like a good read but with the only 220 pages I think maybe it lacks detail. I have seen the table of contents where his playing career ends around 100 pages.

Most of you might have read it, so please let me know that is it worth reading?
It's an excellent book - it doesn't dwell on his playing career - that's covered in much greater depth in his 1993 autobiography, 'Whisperin Death', that Tony Cozier ghosted for him

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Whispering Death is a great book.. the only sports autobiography I've ever read. I got it as a prize in school. The description of the over to Boycott is amazing.

Howe_zat

Audio File
No Holding Back has been sitting unread on my desk for months.I guess I'm not really a fan of his commentary

listento_me

U19 Captain
Get his first one, I assume the second book is much like his current self, a bunch of self indulgent rubbish. Although, every now and then, on commentary, he does have a go at the ICC, which I can always get behind.