• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hodge an option as Aussie Test opener ?

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
I have a feeling Waston will have to sit in the one-day team and prove some fitness now for Qld tbh. I just hope he holds up.

They won't drop Symonds now I don't think though. He's obviously extremely popular and he's just scored a big innings. I've never seen a team celebrate so much at one of their team-mates getting a hundred.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Thought Vaughan's Headingley ton got a fair response, TBH. :p

I actually hope Symonds doesn't get dropped, so as it's proven how crap he is before he gets left-out. But from what most of the Aussie posters on here said a little while back, it sounds unlikely he'll be in the XI at The 'Gabba on December the whatever-it-is-this-year.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year
Thought Vaughan's Headingley ton got a fair response, TBH. :p

I actually hope Symonds doesn't get dropped, so as it's proven how crap he is before he gets left-out. But from what most of the Aussie posters on here said a little while back, it sounds unlikely he'll be in the XI at The 'Gabba on December the whatever-it-is-this-year.
Oh, yeah. I only saw highlights of that so I didn't really remember it. Just remember KP going a bit bonkers.

It's November ;)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
KP going *a bit bonkers* (slight understatement one feels) was merely the tip of the iceberg, the whole balcony and the stadium was awash with an outpouring of relief and warmth.

Was wonderful. Not been anything that well-received, I don't think, since Atherton at The Oval and Stewart at Old Trafford in 2000.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Would love to see him back in the middle-order, TBH, but I reckon we know it ain't happenin' again. Not unless there are 6 or 7 injuries.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Would rate his technique>>>Hodge to open in the longer format.
I'd agree with you there. Hodge should get murdered opening the batting with his technique - but given the standard of opening bowlers and pitches currently, he'd probably dominate anyway.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd agree with you there. Hodge should get murdered opening the batting with his technique - but given the standard of opening bowlers and pitches currently, he'd probably dominate anyway.
Haha, imagine him and Hayden opening.