• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Highest paid cricketers?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
silentstriker said:
Whats that got to do with India? :unsure:
nothing.

did it ever looked like it being that way?

if it wouldve been that way i wouldve done

pitty the Indians only care about India,
Sidebottom isnt even payed that good.
surprises me.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Kweek said:
nothing.

did it ever looked like it being that way?

if it wouldve been that way i wouldve done

pitty the Indians only care about India,
Sidebottom isnt even payed that good.
surprises me.
Err, so what did you mean by 'pity the Indians only care about India'?

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
and don't go watch more cricket outside the indian team, and support cricket worldwide.

yeah that to dave

btw get on msn you lanc

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
superkingdave said:
think he was meaning that its hard to earn top dollars in cricket if you aren't Indian
Ah, well thats obvious. But it should be noted that the money made by Indian stars is not because of the BCCI. The salary that the board pays them is very little compared to the endorsements they sign with Nike, Reebok, etc.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Kweek said:
and don't go watch more cricket outside the indian team, and support cricket worldwide.

yeah that to dave
Well its more about advertising. I dont know what it has to do with 'support cricket worldwide' Its similar to English soccer players making more than US soccer players.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
still think the BCCI pays more then the ECB

meh, to off topic, need another topic for that.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Kweek said:
still think the BCCI pays more then the ECB
It does not. BCCI pays approximately 1 crore to its top players (50 lakh retainer, plus fees per match). That comes out to $125,000 pounds. ECB pays more than that.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
silentstriker said:
It does not. BCCI pays approximately 1 crore to its top players (50 lakh retainer, plus fees per match). That comes out to $125,000 pounds. ECB pays more than that.
According to one of the broads on SSN's, Flintoff received £500,000 from the ECB last year.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
TT Boy said:
According to one of the broads on SSN's, Flintoff received £500,000 from the ECB last year.
Yea, I was relatively sure that the English, Australian and South African boards pay more.

Indian players make their money off endorsements, not actual salaries.