• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

hello I'm new

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
will trying 2 keep my arm as high and straight as possible make me chuck ??
wot is an arm ball ?? is it the one that doesn't spin ?? how do u bowl it

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
^no, no keeping your arm high and straight is good, allows you to get that curl away from the batsmen.

My lil joke of dont throw the ball is in reference to a highly controversial yet sucessful off spinner in the world, who many believe that he does not legally deliver the ball.

I guess it just wasnt obvious enough...I'll try harder next time, i promise.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
If your arm is dead straight all the way around the delivery, it can't be a chuck. The most common chuck in someone trying to bowl offies is when they straighten at the top of the action, but that is hugely, blatantly obvious and you'll feel it yourself - it's nowt to worry about. Just ignore Kenny, he's got a questionable sense of humour.

The arm ball is one that goes the other way to the standard off break, because it's delivered like an outswinger. Even if it doesn't move away, the fact that you haven't imparted as many revs on the ball will mean it won't turn and should skid through on damp NZ wickets. I'll see if I can get hold of some photos/diagrams of grip/release.

kof98

U19 12th Man
When bowling the arm ball you could try this: aim the seam towards the slips as opposed to your normal delivery where it is pointed in the direction of the batsman.

Piper

International Captain
Lyell_Chris said:
Hello i've just joined this forum and it looks pretty cool, I'm a medium bowler who likes spinning more but New Zealand junior pitches r soooo green theres no point trying 2 get turn. I dunno wot i'm allowed 2 ask on here but ne off spin help would b appreciated.
Hey Lyell Chris, i hope you stick around here and have lots of fun... :D