• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hauritz vs Krejza

The better option?

• Total voters

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah, he's been utterly gash over here. Season-by-season record. 20 @ 32.75 in 2007 is flattering beyond all reason. Could barely hit the cut strip in the games (admittedly one dayers) I saw him in.
He bowled a ball in a Twenty20 game a couple of days ago (an attempted off break, funnily enough) that actually didn't hit the cut strip. Umpire called it a wide, but that was very kind - clearly a no-ball for mine.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
White has taken 35 wickets at 39.37 in England. Between 2000/01 and 2003/04 he took 69 wickets at 33.10 in Australia; since 2004/05 he's taken 53 at 43.77.

White (as a bowler) was never all that good, but he was definately better than he is now at one point.
Nah, he's been utterly gash over here. Season-by-season record. 20 @ 32.75 in 2007 is flattering beyond all reason. Could barely hit the cut strip in the games (admittedly one dayers) I saw him in.
There's those ignore-lists working wonders again. :laugh:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
White has taken 35 wickets at 39.37 in England. Between 2000/01 and 2003/04 he took 69 wickets at 33.10 in Australia; since 2004/05 he's taken 53 at 43.77.

White (as a bowler) was never all that good, but he was definately better than he is now at one point.
Could just be that they got used to him tbh. It's not often you face someone whose stock ball is a topspinner. And he's not that inaccurate really. If his batting was good enough to get into a side, his bowling could be a really nice partnership-breaking bonus, and it could be useful for the odd one in ODIs or T20s.

But he's not a bowler. He's a batsman who occasionally bowls. Why's there so much criticism? It's a bit like watching David Beckham get slated for his sub-standard rugby skills.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Could just be that they got used to him tbh. It's not often you face someone whose stock ball is a topspinner. And he's not that inaccurate really. If his batting was good enough to get into a side, his bowling could be a really nice partnership-breaking bonus, and it could be useful for the odd one in ODIs or T20s.

But he's not a bowler. He's a batsman who occasionally bowls. Why's there so much criticism? It's a bit like watching David Beckham get slated for his sub-standard rugby skills.
I for one am not criticising White's bowling skills from the "why on Earth is he playing" POV - the post your above post is a reply to is merely to point-out that the idea of White's bowling being useless in Australia and dominant in England is completely wrong.

Also, as I say, White initially was a bowler who batted - his early batting record was very modest. Since about 2004/05, he's been a batsman who bowls.

As for him being not that inaccurate - well, I disagree TBH. I've not seen him bowl a hell of a lot but when I have his lengths if not lines have been absolutely all over the place.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I for one am not criticising White's bowling skills from the "why on Earth is he playing" POV - the post your above post is a reply to is merely to point-out that the idea of White's bowling being useless in Australia and dominant in England is completely wrong.

Also, as I say, White initially was a bowler who batted - his early batting record was very modest. Since about 2004/05, he's been a batsman who bowls.

As for him being not that inaccurate - well, I disagree TBH. I've not seen him bowl a hell of a lot but when I have his lengths if not lines have been absolutely all over the place.
Aye, the second paragraph was more of a response to Rant0r's posts.

White isn't horrifyingly inaccurate, he's more accurate than, say, Krejza. Obviously he's not from the Jacob Oram school of landing the ball on a penny but his accuracy isn't his biggest problem from what I've seen. His economy rate for the tour of India, where he played all four matches, was 3.68- poor, but not something you're too bothered about from a leg-spinner, especially in India. If he carries any threat, that is- and there lies White's real issue.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Aye, the second paragraph was more of a response to Rant0r's posts.

White isn't horrifyingly inaccurate, he's more accurate than, say, Krejza. Obviously he's not from the Jacob Oram school of landing the ball on a penny but his accuracy isn't his biggest problem from what I've seen. His economy rate for the tour of India, where he played all four matches, was 3.68- poor, but not something you're too bothered about from a leg-spinner, especially in India. If he carries any threat, that is- and there lies White's real issue.
Nah, Krezja's more accurate. I guess White isn't the worst ball in, ball out but he's bowled some of the worst balls that you're ever likely to see, and so that sticks in everyone's head.

Easto241091

Cricket Spectator
Marcus North should be the spinning option. Sure he isnt well renowned for his spin bowling but hes bowled well for a few seasons tweaking his off-breaks. He's managed to bowl tight and take wickets in all forms of the game..........given the fact that he plays 1/2 the games at the WACA is a fair effort. He also provides some great batting strength for the aussie line-up, being a proven run scorer for many seasons.

Rant0r

International 12th Man
yes white was a bowler who batted a bit, now he's a pie chucker, he shouldn't have been picked as a bowler, but once he had been, gee whiz some of those were embarrassing.

i'm actually a little curious as to why his bowling has declined so much, he does still bowl occassionally, and just watching katich over the last week who barely bowls but dropped it somewhere near the spot i'm wondering what his problem is. i personally feel he's been overcoached

Rant0r

International 12th Man
forgot to comment on aaron heal, he'll be the next to exit WA very quickly, the boy has some talent, but spinners in WA are like a priest at ***po