• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Harry Dixon's 250 won Youth test by Aus in Eng

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Proper name that too, Harry Dixon.

Report I read said he moved from 90 to his ton in the space of three balls from Jaydn "Nephew of Joe" Denly.

I mean, what more proof does one need? When one's nervous about the openers how much more reassuring would it be to know one's team has a chap called "Harry" striding manfully to the crease rather than an obviously callow youth called "Jaydn" shuffling in and apologetically taking his guard?

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Proper name that too, Harry Dixon.

Report I read said he moved from 90 to his ton in the space of three balls from Jaydn "Nephew of Joe" Denly.

I mean, what more proof does one need? When one's nervous about the openers how much more reassuring would it be to know one's team has a chap called "Harry" striding manfully to the crease rather than an obviously callow youth called "Jaydn" shuffling in and apologetically taking his guard?
They day my team plays someone named "Jaydn" is the day I stop following cricket

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Looks like this is one of the stronger batting lineups the Aus U19 setup has had in a while, the four bambino mentioned all look pretty good talents from what I have seen recently, and I would also add skipper Hugh Weibgen to that list, was impressive in a couple of the 50 over games before the test

Bowling, especially fast bowling, doesn't quite seem to the same level. Beardman is already pretty sharp but still seems a little inconsistent, Vidler from the first game looks a skilful swing bowler, but perhaps lacking half a yard of pace. For spin McMillan looks decent as a traditional style offie, Frendo seems more your quicker and flatter limited overs style spinner

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
They day my team plays someone named "Jaydn" is the day I stop following cricket
This is a good post.

I'm a teacher, the names these days are ridiculous. Jayden has an E. And even with an E, it's a bogan name. We do not need Peytons, Jaydens, Daytons, Diesels in international cricket. That'll be the death of Test cricket before anything else is.

Now Colin, there's a name you can set your watch to.

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Konstas, Dixon, Harjas and Hicks. Could it be we have (gulp) some young batsmen coming through?
Harjas singh i think son of former indian seamer may be not,

not sure

Harjas hits 100 in 2nd youth test while Dixon near 400* Aggregate in 4 innings

Eng youth fight back as their #7 & # 8 both hits 88 as they lead over aus but big Question is can eng dismiss Dixon?

51 & 79 not out as aus in second innings 150 ahead with 6 wkts on hand

BBL contract offer to Harry Dixon