• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Hafeez reported to the ICC for chucking

cric_manic

First Class Debutant
Pakistan's Mohammad Hafeez has been reported for a suspected illegal bowling action following the VB Series match with West Indies at Brisbane on Wednesday.

The ICC announced that the offspinner Hafeez, 24, had been reported directly after the match by on-field umpires Rudi Koertzen and Peter Parker, the third umpire, Simon Taufel, and the match referee, Chris Broad.

Under the ICC's bowling review regulations, an expert biomechanist will now be appointed to work with Hafeez to rectify any flaws during the delivery action before a report is sent to the ICC, with details of any required remedial action.

The way that international cricket deals with illegal actions is currently under review following recommendations put forward by a panel of former international cricketers: Aravinda de Silva, Angus Fraser, Michael Holding, Tony Lewis, Tim May and David Richardson. The ICC chief executives' committee will meet next month to discuss these

From cricinfo

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thread title edited due to "Mohammad Hafeez has been reported for a suspected illegal bowling action".

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Thread title edited due to "Mohammad Hafeez has been reported for a suspected illegal bowling action".
Yes it was a very annoying title and good thinking to edit it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

It happens to the best of us.

On topic though... I suppose this means that Yasir Hameed will play the next game then, as they seemed to be playing Hafeez because they were unwilling to bowl Shoaib Malik. Now both are in the same boat.

Alternatively, they could bring Younis Khan in and pray over his legbreaks.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
It happens to the best of us.

On topic though... I suppose this means that Yasir Hameed will play the next game then, as they seemed to be playing Hafeez because they were unwilling to bowl Shoaib Malik. Now both are in the same boat.

Alternatively, they could bring Younis Khan in and pray over his legbreaks.
The same leggies that flat-track bully Craig McMillan dispatched around Hamilton's WestpacTrust Park for a world record in one over a few years ago?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Voltman said:
The same leggies that flat-track bully Craig McMillan dispatched around Hamilton's WestpacTrust Park for a world record in one over a few years ago?
Hence the intense prayer.

Word is that experience drove him insane. Hence he was ready to become a wicketkeeper.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
You have to wonder if the Pakistan coaching infestructure actually watches its young cricketers play. How 2 players can make it to the international side then get pulled up is astonishing.
Either they are ok in domestic cricket and just suddenly change their action when the pressures on in international games, or coaches just arent good enough to spot the problems, or spot them but dont do anything about it.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I saw a little clip of him on Fox Sports News this morning and there was definitely a little elbow flick in his delivery; obviously I can't say how many degrees it is, but if the people who were saying that even 15 degrees is barely visible in real-time then Hafeez might be in a spot of bother.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Salman Butt looks like he might be in for some bowling!

Although his action didnt really look 100% either!

benchmark00

In the Australia Vs Pakistan game i was watching the other day i saw him bowl and i thought immediately that it was a suspect action, especially when they showed replays of Clarkes dismissal, so i reckon that he really has a dodgy action, and maybe the coaches over in Pakistan should start teaching conventional spin techniques or the game will be plagued with actions that are questionable

wahindiawah

Banned
Mr Casson said:
My god.... can't Pakistan just play some military-mediums with flawless actions?
Even their medium pacers have dodgy action , an example being of Riaz Afridi.

You might see an odd example of a chucker in other countries, but as far as Pakistan are concerned nearly 80 percent of their bowlers happen to be chuckers. SHAME REALLY!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
wahindiawah said:
Even their medium pacers have dodgy action , an example being of Riaz Afridi.

You might see an odd example of a chucker in other countries, but as far as Pakistan are concerned nearly 80 percent of their bowlers happen to be chuckers. SHAME REALLY!

Go away Troll.