• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F - Ireland, Pakistan, New Zealand, Sri Lanka

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I think our injuries have ruled out any faint hopes of a tournament triumph - while our first XI is genuinely dangerous, the replacements aren't classy enough to get us across the line. Fun while it lasted though.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Yeah newzealand game against Pakistan is an easy game for Pakistan, easier than the ireland though LOL

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Pakistan's first match is against Srilanka, if we can score 160, it'll be a tough chase for the srilankans, it's at Lords, hopefully conditions suit Pakistan, but to be honest, Srilankans look stronger, their batting is manageable by our bowlers but our batting against their bowling, doesn't look so good

GGG

State Captain
I really hope Pakistan lose every game, friggen captain is a knob and the "it's only 20/20 cricket" makes me sick.

Sirhail

Cricket Spectator
i think younus khan didnt mean that he didnt care. his english isnt very good in my opinion. i think he was tryna take the pressure off the players by sayin u should have more fun in this event. but he also said he wants to win the cup for pakistan after this year and the incidents that are happening in the country atm....

u gotta say, younus khan has been pakistan best batter in the tournament so far

Sirhail

Cricket Spectator
Pakistan's first match is against Srilanka, if we can score 160, it'll be a tough chase for the srilankans, it's at Lords, hopefully conditions suit Pakistan, but to be honest, Srilankans look stronger, their batting is manageable by our bowlers but our batting against their bowling, doesn't look so good
i think pakstan can win this game. the short boundries at lords suits the pakistani batters a lot more. as long as the take advantage of the powerplay, 160 or over will be a great score. but they need sohail tanvir bowling.

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just heard a news that Imran Nazir and Razzaq may get flown in to replace injured Tanvir and Arafat. I likes:)
That's great news. Will increase Pakistan's chances tremendously.

Razzaq's one of my favorite players. It's really disappointing me I haven't seen him, Afridi or Malik show some real fireworks in Twenty20 matches.

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
I really hope Pakistan lose every game, friggen captain is a knob and the "it's only 20/20 cricket" makes me sick.
Give me a break. The guy just had sour grapes after Pakistan wasn't performing. Kind of like some of thee Australian posters here dismiss Twenty20 and can't get into it because their team is no good at it. You will see a better attitude if they beat SL or NZ.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
yeah, Younis's english is worst than me. You never know what he's going to say, i don't care much about what he says. GGG wants Pakistan to lose all the up coming games,i want them to win all coming games, but it doesn't matter. If they play well, they'll win more matches & if they continue this fielding performance they'll lose

brackenNY

School Boy/Girl Captain
yeah, Younis's english is worst than me. You never know what he's going to say, i don't care much about what he says. GGG wants Pakistan to lose all the up coming games,i want them to win all coming games, but it doesn't matter. If they play well, they'll win more matches & if they continue this fielding performance they'll lose
He speaks so fast, too.

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
Yeah Pakistan 'll need Sohail Tanveer to get 2 or 3 wickets up front, specially Jayasuria & Dilshaan
they'll need to catch everything & don't give Srilanka any runs on misfield
if they do this, they'll be competitive against the Srilankans

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
But i don't think Imran Nazir or Abdul Razzaq are coming into the side. I would love to see this actually, specially Imran Nazir, he can win matches single handedly for Pakistan. But there's no news about it, just heard last night about Abdul Razzaq

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
He speaks too fast but what does he speak? I never understand him. It would be better for him to 've a translater with him. Younis should speak URDU & Translater 'll then tell the media what Younis said. it's so simple

Edged&Taken

U19 Vice-Captain
remember the soul-stirring speech of Inzamam after the Oval test ball-tampering incident :

“Ahem… Balls not tampered. My boys, whole Pakistan team not touch balls. Hair also not look at balls well. … Bahuth shukriya.”

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
I always had same prob with Inzamam, if he couldn't speak English, why did he keep on making himself fool, just should have grabbed a translater

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
mendis malinga and murali could prove very dangerous plus they are very good players of spin but im still hopefull

nz0003

School Boy/Girl Captain
Shahid Afridi will contradict who goes through IMO, if he gets on top of us Kiwi's then it could turn out bad for us. McCullum seems to play spin not so much poorly but his whole mindset changes when they come onto bowl. Ross Taylor tries to put them over cow corner and it either comes off well, or it doesn't at all. Our middle order isnt in great form, Oram can usually take it too the spinners but he hasn't done it for a long time. If Afridi takes a few important wickets, I think Pakistan will win and therefore go through but if NZ get on top of him, it will be the opposite.

Also I can't wait too see how Ross Taylor play Mendis :p