• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A - Australia, South Africa, Scotland, Holland

telsor

U19 12th Man
500 anyone? :ph34r:
I don't think 500 will happen in the tournament, although with the pitch perfect for batting, and the Aussies probably wanting to make a statement, I'd say it'll be more likely here than anywhere.

I'd be thinking around 400 though....that would mean the record ( 398 ) could get broken, but 500, no.

PY

International Coach
I think people aren't giving Scotland enough credit here, I reckon they might restrict Australia to under 300 if things go well and they focus on line and length.

I don't think the result is in doubt and will be a thumping but Scotland certainly aren't the worst OD team about.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't think 500 will happen in the tournament, although with the pitch perfect for batting, and the Aussies probably wanting to make a statement, I'd say it'll be more likely here than anywhere.

I'd be thinking around 400 though....that would mean the record ( 398 ) could get broken, but 500, no.
Assuming you mean WC record.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think people aren't giving Scotland enough credit here, I reckon they might restrict Australia to under 300 if things go well and they focus on line and length.

I don't think the result is in doubt and will be a thumping but Scotland certainly aren't the worst OD team about.
Yeah... I mean, they won a game in last year's C&G and didn't constantly finish bottom of the NL in 2003, 4 and 5.

Oh, wait...

PY

International Coach
Yeah... I mean, they won a game in last year's C&G and didn't constantly finish bottom of the NL in 2003, 4 and 5.

Oh, wait...
I dunno, the pitch doesn't sound like it is very fast and the outfield isn't lightning. If they do restrict to under 300, they'll get out for under 100.

Haha, as I type, 12 runs taken off the last 5 balls.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Australia doing it very easily so far and still keeping up 10 an over. The Scot's are bowling in the 120's and just dont look like getting a wicket unless Gilly or Hayden make a mistake.