• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 2 (Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Netherlands)

cnerd123

likes this
The moment Netherlands qualified this was always on the cards. Half their side has more familiarity with Australian conditions than our boys do! Plus they're just a better team for T20s in these conditions. Arguably a better side in T20s overall. We're lucky we didn't end up in the qualifiers otherwise we'd have been KO'ed like the West Indies were. Been an absolute shambles in T20Is for a while now.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I'm late here guys, but that six off Haris Rauf's slower short ball was UNREAL...
Yeah my cousins watching with me were all having a go at Rauf. I told them sometimes you just stand up and applaud greatness when it's happening infront of you.

The only thing I will suggest to Rauf is stick to his full pace in aus the true nature of pitches here means his cutters variation will sit up and end up being 120 kmph medium pace which batsman can bash anywhere hopefully he learns was still gun for 95% of the game

Everton Seymour

U19 Debutant
Netherlands is such a frustrating team , it's a country with so much diversity and strong links to the big cricketing nations yet still an associate level team after all these years . They never seem to make a lasting impact on these kind of tournaments.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
God that's a terrible run out. There's no crowd, so it isn't like he wouldn't have heard his partner's very loud and very early call of no.

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
Late to post and not saying anything that hasn't been already said
1) Greatest game of T20 so far in the history of that format at international level.
2) The game was unwinnable when the score was 50-4. I saw no path to victory.
3) Taking into account all three formats of the game. Kohli has to be the best batsman in the world and if it is possible for T20 international games to count towards a body of work that is submitted for ATG status then this game would probably be enough tip the scale in his favour.
4) I liked Harsha Bhogle's commentary. These words were particularly apt "He is a champion"."Today's performance stretched into being legendary".
Let the implications of those words sink in when most commentators are tight lipped with compliments. A champion. A legendary performance. Incredible praise when only incredible words could possibly fit the moment.
5) The six when the score was 28 needed off 8 balls defied my knowledge of cricket how he played that stroke.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
The moment Netherlands qualified this was always on the cards. Half their side has more familiarity with Australian conditions than our boys do! Plus they're just a better team for T20s in these conditions. Arguably a better side in T20s overall. We're lucky we didn't end up in the qualifiers otherwise we'd have been KO'ed like the West Indies were. Been an absolute shambles in T20Is for a while now.
Please don't post in riddles.

Burgey

This is actually a very good knock by Ackermann while everyone else is doing SFA

the big bambino

International Captain
Such a great game from India and Pakistan. Had me laughing at the pranks, cheering for Pakistan and applauding Kohli. I don't think Pakistan lost it. Unless you consider dumb selections a form of choking. They were in front with 8 balls to go and Kohli basically settled the game with those 2 clutch sixes of Rauf. I don't think he should be blamed for the loss. Did he overthink his second last ball? Thought Kohli was setting up for the full pace delivery? Anyway give credit to great batting than choking.

From then on India were always good odds to get the runs off Nawaz (3). He bowled badly but really shouldn't have been left to bowl out the innings. Even then he got two pieces of bad luck. I agree with those who say free hits should be reviewed or at least give the fielding captain one referral. I kind of suspect in those situations the on field umpire will feel pressure to favour India.

Rules should be changed to call a dead ball on a free hit that bowls a batsman too. How much of an advantage should a batsman get? There should be some reward for a bowler in a free hit situation. The rule change should also cover play ons too.

Don't agree leg byes should be banned. You can be dismissed when hit on the pads. (Maybe you should be given runs instead ...) Putting your body in line is a part of defensive play and leg byes are a consequence of that.

Burgey

Ffs someone stay there with Ackermann and at least take the game as deep as you can