• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 (Afghanistan, Australia, England, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Ireland)

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stokes getting the ball to move away just right. Add to that the bounce if the surface. He can be handy here tonight

thierry henry

International Coach
England’s bowling looks terrible on paper, which means this is gonna be ugly for Afghanistan if they don’t absolutely flog them

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's a very thin edge. Right on a good line and length (maybe the Australian bowlers could take heed)

thundaboult

International Debutant
Wow wow wow. What a time to be alive! Glad to have stayed up all night and witness this. First win on bogey soil against bogey team in 11 years. HUGE. I remember Andrew Strauss saying this a couple times in interviews that when you attack aussie from ball 1, they usually run outta ideas real quick. I hope our boys have drilled that statement into their heads tonight, and for all the times to come ahead. Not only did we attack australia from ball 1, we attacked the tournament itself, ODI WC 2015 style. Its wide open and I hope this sets us up to go all the way. What a massive confidence booster d**king aussie out on their own turf in a pure beatdown. They got rekt, absolutely rekt. This one deserves a player by player analysis/praise.

Allen - What a star. He created fear in the minds of the main 3 aussie quicks. Something we haven't seen from our current lot EVER. Starc got Mccullumm'd. Loved that he just kept going. For me, man of the match because intent and sending a message is everything. The changing of a mindset from an innings like that, it could have positive ramifications for us way beyond this match and tournament against Aussie.

Conway - He's actually not an anchor. That role is a myth and unnecessary in T20's. He just keeps scoring. Barely any dots. Our best batter atm.

KW - Needs to start playing for the team. Really sucked the momentum out of a fabulous start with the squirty dabby prods. Throw your bat you dummy, full swing of the blade. Hit into the air. Or come lower down the order. Props for the captaincy though, led well in the field. Hopefully the confidence from a massive beatdown like this transfers to fearlessness in his batting.

Philips - Expecting a massive tournament from him. He's been around a while, leagues and national t20 setup...its his time. He's got pace and bounce to play with this time, which he prefers over spin. What a catch....stuff made of dreams. Superstar moment.

Neesh - Power hitting. Found the momentum towards the end that kane lost. Great composure under the skier too, was not an easy catch.

Southee - Did not like idea of him bowling in australia in white ball cricket but I eat my words. Was really hoping he would get lucky and come out unscathed, but instead delivered our best bowling figures.

Boult - Its Trent Boult. Btw, he loves knocking starc's poles over every tournament. 3rd or 4th time he's done this lol. Ol' Mitch is stuck in a vicious loop of getting starc'd by boult and long may it continue.

Sodhi - Liability but held his own. Hopefully the few good balls and winning the maxwell battle spur him on.

Lockie - Finally hit 151. Don't think he crossed the 150 mark after the IPL. So maybe the express pace is coming back finally. Radar still needs some work but fantastic wicket of Wade. Hard length and good pace on that. That basically closed out the top and middle order, hence ended the contest prematurely. Would like to see him use less slower balls and all that nonsense especially against the tail, you're fast. Bowl fast. York them. Bounce them. Simple.

Santner - Mr dependable. This guy ever go for runs? Took 3 wickets too, cancelled out the aussie top order. Brilliant.

Chapman - Exists.

All in all, fantastic 3 or 4 hours. Dominated the bananas from ball 1. I hope the attitude of fearlessness and intent is here to stay. Be a tim southee, not a timid southee.

Congrats to all fellow NZ fans here, sticking though thick and thin. Moments like this are to savour. Enjoy the vibes. Time to get a satisfying nap. Peace!

Last edited: