• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group 1 (Afghanistan, Australia, England, New Zealand, Sri Lanka, Ireland)

Moss

International Vice-Captain
I'd much rather play South Africa, so I reckon there is.
Interesting. While India know how close out games better than the South Africans and seem to have momentum on their side, I don’t think South Africa’s bowling (including the spinners) is a particularly favourable matchup for NZ’s batting. I guess the warmup doesn’t count for much, but I think it showed if there’s one side capable of exposing NZ’s batting lineup with Santner at 7 it’s South Africa.

ashley bach

International Captain
I'd much rather play South Africa, so I reckon there is.
Been thinking about this and my thoughts is that India would be better for us to play.
We have the wood on them in recent years when it comes to knockout matches, and the way SA done us like a dinner recently makes me think
that we aren't as comfortable with their style of play....but who knows.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I actually reckon the extra pace on works for us. Conway, Allen and Williamson all prefer it coming on and in Rabada, Nortje, Ngidi and to a lesser extent Parnell, you get that (unless they play Maharaj over Ngidi). Not particularly scared of a lot in SA's top order, either.

ashley bach

International Captain
I'm only 2km down the road from the SCG and you wouldn't believe the heavens have just opened up and it's pelting down.
Hard to imagine we'll get any game in today, which is terrible fortune for the English supporters.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm only 2km down the road from the SCG and you wouldn't believe the heavens have just opened up and it's pelting down.
Hard to imagine we'll get any game in today, which is terrible fortune for the English supporters.
Yeah it’s pelting down here on God’s Peninsula. About 4kms away as the crow flies.

Very bad news for England you would think. then again they dodged a bullet with the washout against Aus so they’re due to have it turn against them

ashley bach

International Captain
Yeah it’s pelting down here on God’s Peninsula. About 4kms away as the crow flies.

Very bad news for England you would think. then again they dodged a bullet with the washout against Aus so they’re due to have it turn against them
As you speak it's actually getting heavier here, going to be a late start if any.

White Ball

State 12th Man
What score will Sri Lanka need to have a chance? It’s a used pitch and they have 3 spinners but England have a gun batting side so I would say around 170?