• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Graeme Swann vs Mujeeb Ur Rahman

Swann vs Mujeeb

• Swann

• Mujeeb

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jack1

International Debutant
Well one has 1 test wicket the other has over 250. No contest.

Hit and giggle doesn't count.
I know. It's hard to gauge because of that. Obviously Swann was a very good bowler. Just wondered what any thoughts were considering Mujeeb is so good in limited overs. All formats count.

Jack1

International Debutant
Mujeeb didn't quit halfway through his Test series because he was losing tbf, pips it for me
Get over it mate! This is about their bowling. If we factor in bowling, batting and fielding it is no contest at all, the answer is Swann as a cricket player. Bowling is difficult to judge right now. I'm going to think a bit more before voting.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Is there a comparison at all? Let's wait till Mujeeb finishes his career.

Mujeeb has the talent to be the best spinner in the world however. Has both classical and mystery mode. Saqlain with bit of additions.

A better comparison would be Saqlain vs Swann.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Get over it mate! This is about their bowling. If we factor in bowling, batting and fielding it is no contest at all, the answer is Swann as a cricket player. Bowling is difficult to judge right now. I'm going to think a bit more before voting.
You made the thread lol

Last edited:

SillyCowCorner1

Bowling is not about bowling only, you gotta know how to field off ur bowling to build pressure, plus if the batsman hits it straight back to you you can always try to run the non striker out.

Also, Mankad.

Jack1

International Debutant
Suppose I needed to factor in Mujeeb has mostly played weaker teams. No choice but to vote for Swann as a result. Will be interesting to see Mujeeb's test average after 20 games, then we will really know how strong he is as a bowler.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Suppose I needed to factor in Mujeeb has mostly played weaker teams. No choice but to vote for Swann as a result. Will be interesting to see Mujeeb's test average after 20 games, then we will really know how strong he is as a bowler.
He is good. Infact he is better than Rashid. This guy is a proper test bowler too.

Jack1

International Debutant
I would consider Rashid better. Yes being blasted by Morgan was painful, but his stats are amazing in all formats. He even has 34 wickets in 5 tests, which is a great start.

TheJediBrah

I would consider Rashid better. Yes being blasted by Morgan was painful, but his stats are amazing in all formats. He even has 34 wickets in 5 tests, which is a great start.
His stats are irrelevant when he's almost exclusively played minnows, and when he has played a proper team he's generally been ordinary

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Rashid may be better in limited overs format (but not by much), but he doesn't have the bowling technique for tests. Mujeeb on other hand has a proper stock ball that can be varied very nicely. Rasid's legbreak in isolation is not as potent as Mujeeb's off break.