• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

God save the Aussies!

Dean

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Hey there!

I'm so glad to have found this site! I live in Johannesburg, South Africa, home to the Proteas cricket side... Naturally I am a South African Suppourter, but for The Ashes series 2005 I am Australian all the way! Usually it is unusal for a South African to suppourt Australia, after the World Cup Semi Finals 1999, (it's really difficult for us to get over that!

So, here's the deal... What's up with Australia... Are they ageing or are England just playing better cricket. If it were not for all this rain the POMS are having, they will be 2-1 up! If Shuan Tait is the future of Australian cricket, then they are going nowhere! If I had to choose between Mastthew Hoggard or Shaun Tait in my team, I'd choose Hoggard...

By the way, well done to Shaun Pollock and Greame Smith for being chosen to Capitain the World XI... Australia doesn't stand a chance!

I'd love to hear from all you cricket fans around the world, if you want you can e mail me at voltageinternational@hotmail.com :cool:

Craig

World Traveller
Welcome aboard and I think Rich (Langeveldt) will enjoy another South African on here (they have come and gone in the past).

Back to your question it is case of luck and England playing well and of course some of Ponting's 'brilliant' captaincy moments.

PY

International Coach
Welcome mate, hope you stick around for a while. :)

If I could direct you to the Official thread at the top of the page for all Ashes antics and look forward to seeing your contribution though I'm appalled that you're supporting Australia!

Anything to do with England beating you in your summer? :p

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dean said:
Hey there!

I'm so glad to have found this site! I live in Johannesburg, South Africa, home to the Proteas cricket side... Naturally I am a South African Suppourter
Great to have another south african fan on the forum! Very few out here!!

Welcome aboard and hope you have a great time here.

Piper

International Captain
Dean said:
Hey there!

I'm so glad to have found this site! I live in Johannesburg, South Africa, home to the Proteas cricket side... Naturally I am a South African Suppourter, but for The Ashes series 2005 I am Australian all the way! Usually it is unusal for a South African to suppourt Australia, after the World Cup Semi Finals 1999, (it's really difficult for us to get over that!

So, here's the deal... What's up with Australia... Are they ageing or are England just playing better cricket. If it were not for all this rain the POMS are having, they will be 2-1 up! If Shuan Tait is the future of Australian cricket, then they are going nowhere! If I had to choose between Mastthew Hoggard or Shaun Tait in my team, I'd choose Hoggard...

By the way, well done to Shaun Pollock and Greame Smith for being chosen to Capitain the World XI... Australia doesn't stand a chance!

I'd love to hear from all you cricket fans around the world, if you want you can e mail me at voltageinternational@hotmail.com :cool:
Welcome to Cricket Web Dean! Make sure u visit Off Topic once in a while :D
The answer to ur question is that England have been lucky with a lot of the decision, which is causing the Aussies to have low confidence... but hopefully the Aussies will be back to their usual selves *fingers crossed*

Langeveldt

Soutie
Wicked, a SA fan! I was beginning to think I was the only one left in the world..

Im over in 5 weeks, to watch the series against NZ, anyway hoe gaan dit met jou?

dro87

U19 12th Man
Hello and welcome... I'm from Italy, and play cricket... incredible eh? However Tait had a decent debut, considering that the pitch on the first day wasn't provodding any help for him...

Langeveldt

Soutie
Pothas said:
not even for the good of cricket?
for the good of cricket (test cricket) you could start by ridding it of Zimbabwe and Bangladesh, rather than by worrying how dominant one of the greatest sides ever are..

Langeveldt

Soutie
magsi23 said:
Why is that then? why would you want aussies to win? any particular reason?
No ive just decided to be pretty damn neutral! I dont like picking and chosing who to support.. I didnt support England when they played in SA this winter, it would be pretty fake of me to jump on the bandwagon now... I might be a traitor, but im not one with double standards

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Langeveldt said:
You cant be a SA fan and want England to win the ashes!
I can. I want the aussies to lose so the rest of us can also think we have a chance to beat them! :p

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Traitor :@

erm. for the good of cricket, i'd love to see England win..as test cricket got boring with the aussies winning all the time. face it. it was getting boring.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Welcome, Dean, to the best international cricket forum on the planet (real or virtual).

I'm English through and through, but my second-favourite team are most definitely your mob - blame my dad. He took me to watch Kent v South Africa in 1965, and I watched Graeme Pollock score 206*. Until that day, I hated cricket.