• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gibberish surrounding rain made to sound like a real issue

Howe_zat

Audio File
So it's been wet and this has resulted in the standard 'get a climate ffs' which is just your common or garden bollocks, but last night it appeared to whip up some genuinely believed bollocks.

Given it's pretty standard for the weather in England to be rubbish this time of year, I do wonder why they don't schedule games at venues with lights in daytime ODI hours, and if there's rain around they can then play on into D/N hours. Mind you, this is cricket, where you can have rain around for a day and a half and the players will still have a lunch break.

I know it would make for a potentially loonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg day/ night, but given the crap climate and the fact the grounds all drain really well, you'd be a lot bigger chance of getting a result.

And let's be honest, who doesn't want a result late into the evening?
Facts:

The two games to be rained off this year are the first ever no result matches in the Champions' Trophy in England. The last one was played in June 2013, and the 2004 one was in September.

In the 2014, 2015 and 2016 summers, no matches played in June were rained off either. The last match in England at this time of year to be rained off was a T20 in 2013.

Since then, there have been 27 N/R matches, a few of which are in England at other times, but include matches from every test-playing country (and Ireland).

Rain sucks. But it happens and it's nothing to do with the time and place.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Howe_zat, you sound like every Dunedin-ite every time a test match is scheduled there and it pisses down and they all insist it has literally never happened before not in Dunedin oh no it never rains there. :happy:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Atleast it's not as bad as that farce in SA where it rained for like half an hour and they weren't able to play despite 2 days of sunshine.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Atleast it's not as bad as that farce in SA where it rained for like half an hour and they weren't able to play despite 2 days of sunshine.
.... that was really poor preparation and a bit of bad luck by CSA. Took a chance and it did not go well....

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
This is why Howe_zat is our BOTM champ...........well said my man!!

I was gonna pick up centurymaker when he was crapping on about rain in June and the fact the WC was going to be played in the same month. June is no more or less wet than any other of the summer months in the UK, I was over there during June a couple of years ago for 3 weeks and there was a ****ing heatwave of +30 degree days for a good chunk of it........didn't see a drop of rain.

Sometimes it rains people.

Burgey

So it's been wet and this has resulted in the standard 'get a climate ffs' which is just your common or garden bollocks, but last night it appeared to whip up some genuinely believed bollocks.

Facts:

The two games to be rained off this year are the first ever no result matches in the Champions' Trophy in England. The last one was played in June 2013, and the 2004 one was in September.

In the 2014, 2015 and 2016 summers, no matches played in June were rained off either. The last match in England at this time of year to be rained off was a T20 in 2013.

Since then, there have been 27 N/R matches, a few of which are in England at other times, but include matches from every test-playing country (and Ireland).

Rain sucks. But it happens and it's nothing to do with the time and place.

This it Trump-level climate denialism.

So if they held the ****ing thing in Khartoum in August it would rain as much as it does in England in June. Ok.

Burgey

Indeed. Pommy grounds drain well. Like the English themselves, they know how to get rid of lots of fluid by moving it to under the surface.

cnerd123

likes this
First beats him in the BOTM final and then calls his posting gibberish

Ruthless here from Howe. Gotta feel bad for Burgey

morgieb

Didn't the same thing happen in the West Indies?

We got robbed of a Sheffield Shield for less.

TheJediBrah

Quality trolling from Burgey. A guy made a whole new thread just to respond to it.

Great stuff

Moonsorrow999

U19 Debutant
Sadly UK lives in 1602 and doesn't have the technology to put a ****ing roof on a stadium. Better still, who thought of the idea to host a cricket tournament in the UK in June? UK always sucks at hosting things. Atmospheres are pants and dreary at any game not involving India/Bangladesh and only if England start winning, I guess it's the football nature of this country because that always happens when English teams are failing their way out of the Champion's League etc.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
To say the truth, the rain is slowly dampening my enthusiasm in this tournament compared to how eager I was before the tourney started.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Facts:

The 2013 Aus/NZ match in Birmingham got rained off, too, no?

vcs

I can see why Australian fans would think it's a bit of a farce. Two out of your three group stage matches in a short tournament getting rained out, and you wonder why you bothered turning up.

Daemon

Even when it rains 'heavily' in England it's dribbling down pathetically. Like saltbae is God and he's sprinkling down droplets of water. Just right above that threshold where it's deemed too heavy for play to continue but light enough to not require an umbrella. Disgusting.

flibbertyjibber

To say the truth, the rain is slowly dampening my enthusiasm in this tournament compared to how eager I was before the tourney started.
I had little before it started but events in London over the weekend mean I care even less about it now. Just doesn't seem important at present.