• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Gavaskar on the Broads

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As an England fan i would have no problem with Broad being pulled up for his misdemeanours,he has shown himself up as a petulant pillock this year.Same applies to Mitchell Johnson too who seems to get away with his stupidity yet Mr Benn gets a ban.Doesn't seem fair to me.

Sir Alex

Banned
I remember one incident with Broad and Ganguly, Ganguly was summoned by Broad to explain why he didnt complete his overs for the day. Ganguly for whatever reason decided that he did not want to explain himself to Broad and refused to attend. Broad of course took offence to this gesture and gave Ganguly the highest punishment to which there were cries of bias against India.
Why are you lying?

proof or links??????
Read them yourself.

I highlighted the part where Ganguly did not attend his hearing.
Match referee Chris Broad announced that Indian captain Sourav Ganguly had been banned for six one-day internationals for violating sections of the ICC Code of Conduct since his bowlers did not complete their quota of 48 overs within the prescribed time limits during yesterday's close match at Ahmedabad. It may be recalled that he was fined 70% of his match fee at Jamshedpur.

Seen in isolation, Ganguly copped the fine because he was clearly unable to ensure that his bowlers and fielders wasted as little time as possible during Pakistan's innings. The fact that he did not question Broad's decision or offer excuses means that he knew he was at fault. Well, lets put it this way: The Indian team was at fault and since the captain is responsible for the actions of his team members, he will have to take the blame. Ganguly is not a first-time offender and he knows the repercussions of a slow over-rate, having come very close to being banned last year. The ICC went by its rules, and in any mature system, what is of paramount importance is following the rule of law.
Cricket 24x7 - All the cricket: Sourav Ganguly banned for six one-dayers
Ganguly's supporters, meanwhile, burnt effigies of Broad, a former England batsman, outside the Eden Gardens stadium in Calcutta, the Indian captain's home city.

Broad, who fined Ganguly 70 percent of his match fee for slow over rates in the third International in Jamshedpur on Saturday, imposed the ban after India again fell three overs short in the next match in Ahmedabad on Tuesday.
News - Cricket: Ganguly to appeal against ban - report

Last edited:
Classy. How's your post supposed to be anyway indicative of Ganguly not attending Broad's summons?
I remember the incident, you obviously never even knew about it. You dont have to like it or respond to it but there is no need to be an idiot. Just a little bit of research on your behalf could have prevented you from being an ass.

Sir Alex

Banned
I remember the incident, you obviously never even knew about it. You dont have to like it or respond to it but there is no need to be an idiot. Just a little bit of research on your behalf could have prevented you from being an ass.
Funny how you are talking to yourself there.

How does not questioning the referee's decision = not showing up?
Sorry I didnt bookmark all the news stories from then but if you had of read my post I did say it was from memory and if you look up the details you will find your answer. If you believe it or not wont change anything. I remember the incident and dont need to prove anything.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
You can see all the proof you want two posts up, are you man enough to appologise.:ph34r:
Apologize for what ? You said "Ganguly for whatever reason decided that he did not want to explain himself to Broad and refused to attend."

That is still not true. Ganguly did attend the hearing.

So are we going to see some apologies here or what ?

Apologize for what ? You said "Ganguly for whatever reason decided that he did not want to explain himself to Broad and refused to attend."

That is still not true. Ganguly did attend the hearing.

So are we going to see some apologies here or what ?
No he didnt, You cant change history Sanz.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Sorry I didnt bookmark all the news stories from then but if you had of read my post I did say it was from memory and if you look up the details you will find your answer. If you believe it or not wont change anything. I remember the incident and dont need to prove anything.
Sorry I didnt bookmark all the girls I ****ed then but if you had of read my post I did say it was from memory and if you look up the details you will find your answer. If you believe it or not wont change anything. I remember the incident and dont need to prove anything.