• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Garner / Pollock / McGrath / Hadlee

Who was the best

• Joel Garner

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Shaun Pollock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glenn McGrath

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Richard Hadlee

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He might be correct in facts that he stated. But that doesn't take a lot of factors into consideration.

1. If you check my post properly, I did not say odi bowler. I said limited overs spinner. How many can lay claim to being a better spinner than Rashid Khan in both odis and t20s?
2. Afghanistan doesn't play many games. So the sample size will be smaller
3. He passes my eye test. I didn't look into stats. No batsman plays him easily while I have seen all spinners getting thrashed. Most of the batsmen just play him out and hit the other bowlers. That could explain the higher average taken specifically to discount his awesome stats
4. Not just internationals. He has proved himself in so many other t20 leagues as well. He is one of the first names picked in any league
All very reasonable opinions, of course, but also very easy to dispute the reasoning

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
Don't make CW into a mini youtube comments section with all these sarcastic smilies.

Cut out the sarcasm and talk properly. I will then respond to you.
You already responded....and I can use sarcasm when people make baseless and silly comments. No one who is sane can believe Rashid Khan is a top 2 or all time spinner in LO format. That's plain s...

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
All very reasonable opinions, of course, but also very easy to dispute the reasoning
I wouldn't even say they are reasonable. it's just media hype used to hype up R Khan as an Afghan "superstar" by biased media organisations pushing things like the IPL.

This is a guy who only has 15 wickets against the better t20 sides (excl Bang) and is averaging a full 13 runs more with the ball. 2nd best LO spinner is a joke opinion.

I don't want to sound too harsh but come on now, I joined the forum thinking people would actually know about the sport and not just be trolls.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I wouldn't even say they are reasonable. it's just media hype used to hype up R Khan as an Afghan "superstar" by biased media organisations pushing things like the IPL.

This is a guy who only has 15 wickets against the better t20 sides (excl Bang) and is averaging a full 13 runs more with the ball. 2nd best LO spinner is a joke opinion.

I don't want to sound too harsh but come on now, I joined the forum thinking people would actually know about the sport and not just be trolls.
You can leave if you wish to.

jayjay

U19 Cricketer
Just bringing this back on topic, when watching highlights of Garner, he had a great yorker for a man who was so tall. It really must have hurt his back as that is no easy task.

shortpitched713

International Captain
McGrath for mine, was the most important piece of the Waugh/Punter era dominant Australia. So for me, (barring skills like captaincy /leadership, intangibles) that makes him the best cricketer, bar none of the modern era, defined as starting roughly some time in the early 70s.

shortpitched713

International Captain
Wait ****. The original question is for ODIs, and I was assuming Tests as per usual.

Cricket Web why did you change so much? :no: