• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future ****Stars**** of Australian Cricket

Sudeep

International Captain
aussie said:
Sudeep said:
nope what is this sarcasm
sar·casm Audio pronunciation of "sarcasm" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

Sudeep said:
aussie said:
sar·casm Audio pronunciation of "sarcasm" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)
n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.
no i know what sarcasm is, i am asking u what sarcasm is he using in his post

Sudeep

International Captain
vic_orthdox said:
moises henriquez
matthew harrison
callum ferguson
brad knowles
peter forrest

names that i've posted in about 7 other threads on similar topics in the short time i've been here.
This, I think..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

Eclipse said:
what about Dan Cullen ?

42 wickets in his debute first call season..
he is talent no doubt, i'll be keeping my eye on him in the years to come

howardj

International Coach
Eclipse said:
what about Dan Cullen ?

42 wickets in his debute first call season..
It's one hell of an effort for a 21 year old off-spinner in Australian conditions. I reckon he's an outside chance of an Ashes tour. The selectors have been desperate for an off-spinner, ever since Tim May hung up the creams. Hell, Funky Miller even managed to jag a few Tests. Ideally, when conditions suit, the selectors would prefer an off-spinner partner Shane Warne.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
darren berry wrote exactly the same thing in todays paper. and gave hauritz a mouthful too. but he just writes articles to get noticed.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
tassietiger said:
What's with all of this dodgy quoting in this thread?
Thats not the only thing thats dodgy.
A pom whos attached himself to Australia willingly is a bit suss, imo.

Eclipse

International Debutant
vic_orthdox said:
darren berry wrote exactly the same thing in todays paper. and gave hauritz a mouthful too. but he just writes articles to get noticed.
Hauritz is Rubbish, Lehmann and Clarke are better than him...

when he first hit the scene he was quite good but now he would struggle to take wickets in grade cricket..

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Richard said:
He's played 1 Test-match!
And he's quite clearly a quality batsman at the domestic-First-Class level.
He's pretty poor in ODIs, yes, but then again it wasn't really a great idea to pick him for them, given his lack of pedigree in that game-form.
And in the First-Class game his bowling certainly has potential if you ask me.
He's batting far too low in ODIs. He needs to be in the top 4 or 5, but then who would he replace? Like all genuine batsman he takes time to settle into his innings, but after that he can hit any ball to any corner of the park. James Hopes is more suited to bat that low as an allrounder as he can usually go for it from ball 1.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
yeah

FaaipDeOiad said:
Yeah, Cullen looks great. I want to see what he can do on a wicket that assists him.
yeah he from reading all reports from the pura cup matches this season cullen has been good, howardj said he has an outside chance at the ashes thats a fair point if australia want an off-spinner an decide to look away from magilla. But his development agrues well for australia, along with cameron white, beau casson and xavier doherty thier is good core of good young spinners for australia in the future and who knows maybe one of them can fill warne's legendary shoes.

wont be mention hauritz in that group `` utter disappointment

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
He's batting far too low in ODIs. He needs to be in the top 4 or 5, but then who would he replace? Like all genuine batsman he takes time to settle into his innings, but after that he can hit any ball to any corner of the park. James Hopes is more suited to bat that low as an allrounder as he can usually go for it from ball 1.
James Hopes' selection is a bad joke.
I mean, before this season has he ever done anything of note?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

Richard said:
James Hopes' selection is a bad joke.
I mean, before this season has he ever done anything of note?
well obviously the selectors wont have picked hopes on his past season performances, they would have picked him on his performances this season.

aussie has posted in it.

what have i done lads

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
You can't deny that your quoting leaves a lot to be desired.
As for picking someone on a single season, well - how often has a player been an international success because of 1 good season?

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

Richard said:
You can't deny that your quoting leaves a lot to be desired.
As for picking someone on a single season, well - how often has a player been an international success because of 1 good season?
well its its much too early to judge hopes, but he fits into the australian team well has an one-day allrounder. When i saw him bowl in the the 4th odi againts new zealand in naiper he bowled impressively and i've saw him play in a few ING & Pura Cup matches and if he can translate any of that good allround performances that he has shown for the bulls this season into the interantional area he could be a regular in the aussie odi outfit in years to come.

and what do u mean by my quoting leaves must to desire, dont get the jist mate