• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Future ****Stars**** of Australian Cricket

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

username1234 said:
shane watson looks pretty average i dont think he will grow to be a world class alrounder.
smae thing was said baout Flintoof when he came on the seen in 1998, look were freddie is now, in the words of david llyod `` more expose he gets on the international scene he will fullfill his huge potential `` mate i'm positive watson will do so. Even austrlaia's last great allrounder allan davidson single him out has the next great australian allrounder and by geroge i agree with him

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And of course people haven't been singled-out as the next whatever before, have they?
Watson could undoubtedly be good, but as good as Davidson? Pull the other one.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

Richard said:
Big things are touted for all sorts of players.
They're achieved in maybe 1 in 30 cases.
i dont how u came up with that scintalating hypothesis that thats achieved in 1 i 30 cases, but since the arrival of mark waugh on the aussie scence big careers that have been perdicted by many of the young aussie palyers who are curently veterans in the current team has been achieved

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

Richard said:
And of course people haven't been singled-out as the next whatever before, have they?
Watson could undoubtedly be good, but as good as Davidson? Pull the other one.
well maybe they haven't been singled out but they every time some good young player in any sport comes on the scene he is always compared or touted to some big player of the past. I'm not saying he is good has davidson i'm saying that he has the potential to be the next great austrlain allrounder just like how davidson was if he will be good has or better or just below davo's ability is the exciting prospect i'm looking foward to

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
aussie said:
more ignorance cameron white is by no means a joke, he very talented since his youuth days big things were touted for him, look how well he performed for austrlaia (a) this season agiants west indies and pakistan a lot of cricket followers have spoken highly about him due to his consistent performances with the bat for victoria even though his bowling hasn't been so good because he is captain and doesn't bowl himself that often but that will develop for sure, its only u with ur foolish statements think otherwise.
hmmmm....i'm still trying to figure out whether there is 16 or 17 bits of punctuation missing in that paragraph/500 word essay.

Sudeep

International Captain
aussie said:
well what can you do mate. Thats what the bloke said, he wants to follow in his fellow western australian (Gilchrist) and be the aussie keeper
You don't know? Ronchi's coming to play for Mumbai - He wants to play for India. Apparently, Parthiv Patel's keeping so disgusted him, that he's made it a vow that he'll show how a real keeper plays.

:D:D:D

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

vic_orthdox said:
hmmmm....i'm still trying to figure out whether there is 16 or 17 bits of punctuation missing in that paragraph/500 word essay.
hey mate i'm not messagin dont need to put much punctuation, what i'm sayin should be understood, so whats the point ur getting at

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

Sudeep said:
You don't know? Ronchi's coming to play for Mumbai - He wants to play for India. Apparently, Parthiv Patel's keeping so disgusted him, that he's made it a vow that he'll show how a real keeper plays.

funny mate, real funny :D

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
aussie said:
hey mate i'm not messagin dont need to put much punctuation, what i'm sayin should be understood, so whats the point ur getting at
is this like the cricket player's version of the camel56/pinkline jones saga???

Sudeep

International Captain
aussie said:
Sudeep said:

funny mate, real funny :D
Funny, and true. Ronchi told that himself, to Dave.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

vic_orthdox said:
is this like the cricket player's version of the camel56/pinkline jones saga???
i dont getu what's ur point, are u here to talk cricket or some other foolishness

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
cricket is a foolish game. if you want a serious answer to this thread:

moises henriquez
matthew harrison
callum ferguson
brad knowles
peter forrest

names that i've posted in about 7 other threads on similar topics in the short time i've been here.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
i dont how u came up with that scintalating hypothesis that thats achieved in 1 i 30 cases, but since the arrival of mark waugh on the aussie scence big careers that have been perdicted by many of the young aussie palyers who are curently veterans in the current team has been achieved
And all sorts of players from all sorts of nations are predicted huge things all the time.
For every success there's probably about 29 failures.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
aussie

For every success there's probably about 29 failures.[/QUOTE]

Well richard i dont know how factual that is