• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I've a 19yo accomplished-capable medium pacer with gifted bowling going for a pathetic 100k at the moment, sells in about 19-20 hours from now.

Feel free to bid on him, even if you don't want him he'll sell for a lot more in the future as his primary will pop as fast anyone else out there.

I'm selling him because my youth academy has 26 players and I need some dosh to get some experienced more powerful seamers for next week's title decider.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
What's a good power level to stop training at for a RF or RFM bowler? Currently at reasonable power (20 yo) and I want to get him back onto bowling tech training (reli-cap).

Given strength apparently trains better in mid 20s, perhaps I'll go back to bowling now and then strength again in the future. Thoughts?

Edit: same question but for a RWS who just popped to ordinary power. Worth keeping him on it for now or switch back in mid-20s?

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Don't need power on a spinner, if they bat you're better off training endurance instead so they're not hit by tiredness so much.

I'd think reasonable power is fine on the 20yo for the time being. Can pretty much just leave it til they hit 23/24 - will get an indirect pop if you train endurance a fair bit anyway.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Don't need power on a spinner, if they bat you're better off training endurance instead so they're not hit by tiredness so much.

I'd think reasonable power is fine on the 20yo for the time being. Can pretty much just leave it til they hit 23/24 - will get an indirect pop if you train endurance a fair bit anyway.
Could've sworn wrist spinners benefited from power, but Rules confirms what you said. :mellow:

And yeah, what you've said there is a good idea. Will do that.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Out of interest where is everyone endurance up to these days. Got most of my side at average atleast, with handful on capable or reilable. Going to flood everyone who is average or below at the start of next season. Still on target to get everyone to expert by 2-3 seasons.

Bobisback

International Regular
Mohammad Sami >> Details
Player Details
Team (Youth) Zero Pillars and Hero Fillers Talents Swing
Bats Right hand batsman Bowls Right arm Fast
Wage $1,220 Rating 21,130
Nationality Pakistan Pakistan Age 18
Form ordinary Fatigue rested
Experience dreadful Captaincy average
Endurance ordinary Training Bowling
Batting atrocious Bowling capable
Technique capable Power dreadful
Keeping atrocious Fielding poor

Just listed him for 300k. Someone please bid, need the money to buy someone. Will love you long time.

Scaly piscine

So nearly got legendarily screwed out of my youth division title. One of the most ****ing ridiculous collapses you'll see either in FTP or Battrick for that matter.

HeathDavisSpeed

Am going to finish 2nd in Youth, One Day and 20:20. Bloody annoying - especially the youth league. Am going to miss out on 1st in Youth and One Day just on Net Run Rate.

Majin

International Debutant
Dominated my YOD game today which, thanks to the Flaming West Indies beating Salland CC, means I promote in youth for the second season in a row :) Should finish second in both other comps.

EARLOBE

State 12th Man
Won T20, 2nd in YOD and undefeated 1st in SOD. It's been a good season. My youth team is crap, so I don't expect much from that. But hopefully I'll promote to Div I after next season in SOD. I'm not sure who will be in my league yet but it should be achievable.