• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

From The Pavillion

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Old commentary is a membership feature now? Dire.
I tied my OD and wanted to see what I needed from the final ball.

Number 11

State 12th Man
it's the 1st week of the season.
Hmm, i would join but i am leaving on a no teachnoogy camp until the 6th of Dec very soon. What time of season will it be then. Is there anyway i can find this out without an account? So i don't have to annnoy people by asking every time?

Jakester1288

International Regular
Taking on a mod for my first pavilion cup match. The bastard wants to win ASAP to save PFL (or whatever you call it on FTP) and I'm playing my best team possible and bowling first to try to make it go for as long as I can. My best team features 6 accomplished IIRC, I'll get crushed, but if I bowl first it will go for at least 60 overs (hoping haha).

Scaly piscine

Taking on a mod for my first pavilion cup match. The bastard wants to win ASAP to save PFL (or whatever you call it on FTP) and I'm playing my best team possible and bowling first to try to make it go for as long as I can. My best team features 6 accomplished IIRC, I'll get crushed, but if I bowl first it will go for at least 60 overs (hoping haha).
Sounds fair to me. Although if it were me I'd be playing 2nd team guys for a few rounds anyway.

Jakester1288

International Regular
End of over 3 (1 run) - The Raging Speed Horns(7-0). 98 runs required from 47 overs. RR 2.33 RRR 2.09
M. Rasmussen 0 (7b) , J. Flanagan 3 (11b) , M. Forsaith 2-0-2-0

FFS I had to bat first and I got rolled for 104, after being 3/60 odd with my decent top order of accomplished bats.

Jarquis

Opposition made 200. I made a decent start 44-0 from 8 overs before collapsing to 51-3 from 10 overs with a double wicket maiden.
Recovered somewhat to 82-3 from 15. 119 needed from 25.

Jarquis

As long as you have half a middle order you should make it pretty easily.
My best batsman just got out :(. Don't fancy my chances for survival in this league my Youth side is pretty ordinary. Got ripped of a load of 19yos from last season.

Bat down to 7, but 8-11 are all dreadful :p

Scaly piscine

Got Thursday friendly slots unclaimed if anyone wants a game then. Bowling is coming on a treat. Probably one bowler away from satisfactory awesomeness, suppose an uber medium pacer would be the best fit. Shame I'm a bit potless at the moment, but may start to offload some of my late 20s players that aren't in the first XI - they should fetch a decent amount of money if I sell at the right time.

Scaly piscine

So how's everyone doing in the cup... getting to the vaguely interesting stages where there's the odd decent opponent turning up and Bob gets dumped out with a 25% ratings advantage.

Jarquis

Got trounced today by The Sharks. I got Realism Ravens at this stage last year.
Brilliant.

Edit : That's the Assistant NZ U19 manager last season (Ranked 2nd in the world) and then the Assistant SA U19 manager this season (Ranked 27th in the world)

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

I'll have my 4 who were on nats duty playing, again. Got 3 youths on duty next week (all batsmen - one a keeper too) so I'm kinda ****ed in my YOD.