• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Foxtel Turns Off the Tap

howardj

International Coach
Oh no

Not only will there be no coverage of the England summer, but Fox has yet to committ to televising our series in the UAE against Pakistan

The non coverage of overseas Tests going forward (with the presumed exception of the Ashes) would be a hammer blow to cricket in Australia

It would take us back to pre 1998

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This is horrible. Going to email and tweet like I have never emailed and tweeted before.

howardj

International Coach
It would take so much away from the game for me

Test cricket is the attraction for me

Not to see our boys on Test tours in the Windies, subcontinent, Kiwi land etc would be awful

Worst case scenario I know, but it would be horrible

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I used to complain about this sort of stuff a lot, to the point where Foxtel put my email address on sort of block list, but if they don't think this sort of stuff brings them in enough subscriptions to be worth the costs then that's their call.

If they fail to show any of the English summer I will be unsubscribing.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Time for CW to create its own TV station IMO.

Buy the rights to every bit of live cricket available; run robelinda videos/highlights in the downtime.

Totally cost effective :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
With literally no-one owning the rights, these games may now be available through bet365's live streaming service actually. I'll have to check that.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
If so, looks like I'm going to end up with an incredibly destructive betting problem.

juro

U19 12th Man
If Fox doesn't bid, is it a possibility for someone like SBS to pick it up cheap (like they did when Nine didn't bid for the 2005 Ashes)?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If Fox doesn't bid, is it a possibility for someone like SBS to pick it up cheap (like they did when Nine didn't bid for the 2005 Ashes)?
Of course. Theoretically anyway. Sky probably won't sell their coverage all that cheaply though, instead hoping for Fox to cave and pay their asking price.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
With WImbledon, Football World Cup, Tour De France and of course on the domestic front AFL and NRL (and Netball), I can kind of understand Fox's reluctance to show two overseas nations. If they don't show Australia overseas Tests, there will be a big problem though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nufers correct in suggesting that the interest in NRL very similar to that of netball.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Thank god streams are getting better quality and more reliable. Been getting very close to biting the bullet and putting Austar on, one and only reason is for cricket............they'll never have me as a subscriber now. **** em.

Riggins

International Captain
man how great was that with marto, stuey and mo matthews commentating together. a complete crazy off. they read out half of an email I sent one lunch break and left off the part about them all being nut jobs.

brockley

International Captain
I watch abc,sky and christian channel on basic package,will put on sports when world cup is on.I gather the CPL will not be on so will have to watch it online.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
I watch nothing else on foxtel, just cricket. I pay $100 a month to do so. No way on earth I can justify paying that much for SFA now. What to do? I might do that service suspension thing, where for 3 months in a year you can have foxtel suspended, then resume afterwards. No cricket until October is likely.