• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fourth best spinner

4th best

• Total voters

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
If Lyon is there, then definitely Saqlain and the Indian trio (especially Bedi and Chandrashekhar) also deserves a mention; especially considering it's actually really close between Bedi, Chandra and Underwood; let alone Lyon.
Also: A shout out to Hugh Trumble and Johnny Briggs.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
If Lyon is there, then definitely Saqlain and the Indian trio (especially Bedi and Chandrashekhar) also deserves a mention; especially considering it's actually really close between Bedi, Chandra and Underwood; let alone Lyon.
Also: A shout out to Hugh Trumble and Johnny Briggs.
Didn't use the Indian trio because they just got trounced by Ash in the other poll.

Didn't recall Saqlain, don't know of a mod can add him.

Not sure if he wins or factors tbh, but genuine oversight.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Didn't use the Indian trio because they just got trounced by Ash in the other poll.

Didn't recall Saqlain, don't know of a mod can add him.

Not sure if he wins or factors tbh, but genuine oversight.
On that poll, both Bedi and Chadra actually got more votes than Kumble; and Chandra is easily the best Indian Spinner overseas, with 8 fifers in SENAW in 23 matches (3 in Aus, 2 in Eng, 1 in NZ, 2 in WI; 1 10WM in Australia as well. For comparison, Ashwin has none except for against WI).

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, Verity leading this a bit of a surprise for me. Thought it would be Grimmett / Tayfield or Laker tbh.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Yeah, Verity leading this a bit of a surprise for me. Thought it would be Grimmett / Tayfield or Laker tbh.
I am also honesty surprised how few votes Laker got. I very much expected him to win this one. Ashwin getting second, I am less surprised with all the ongoing Ashwin love.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
I am also honesty surprised how few votes Laker got. I very much expected him to win this one. Ashwin getting second, I am less surprised with all the ongoing Ashwin love.
When Ponting was playing there were many, reluctantly myself included, who thought that he was going to be seen as the best after Bradman. We do tend to seriously over rated players while they're playing and at their peak.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
When Ponting was playing there were many, reluctantly myself included, who thought that he was going to be seen as the best after Bradman. We do tend to seriously over rated players while they're playing and at their peak.
Yeah, we do that; case in point; Jadeja and Shakib. But I actually think that mostly applies to flashy players like Ponting; and many people nowadays kinda hate Ashwin and don't really appreciate his contributions properly in making India unbeatable at home. I was recently seeing a post on FB I believe on how Lyon is much better than Ashwin and a lot of Indian fans (and by that, I mean A LOT) defending the take. I think history will remember him fondly; but let's see.